Can our posts be tracked by cops/feds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if they want to waste what precious financial resources that most authorities have on personal grows, med patient grows, or caregiver for club grows then i feel really sorry for the guy thinking hes cleaning up america. plus most likely it wold go cross derstictions or whatever for the cops, polices, pigs, popo and would become a whole mess. also if you read up on overgrow which was a massive pot growing website with commercial, med, personall grows all cramed into one place which got busted and website taken down they had access to all info on the members and what not and i dont thnk they busted anyone other then website owners, workers.

puffnstuff said:
us gov, and many other gov's have computer software made in conjunction with microsoft, apple etc, to be able to track comunications. Dont think for a minute they dont have every website they think is subversive, illegal, or a danger to the public constantly under computer survailance. They can track your ip address back to the account holder in seconds. It would be foolish to believe that the servers location would have any effect on what they choose to monitor. They can also pull the computer software registration and info you may have put on your computer when you first bought it and set it up. The only way to hide yourself from them would be to have a CLEAN computer with NO software registered in your name and conect to the internet via free access hot spot's and such. dont kidd yourself into believing they dont have you in their computer under the list of possible dope smokers. I am also sure they have key word tracking, not only on this website but on EVERYTHING that is said on the web. If you type in one of their keywords such as "marijuana" it is automatically tracked and recorded. this is one of they way's they are tracking and catching terrorist's, drug lords and other major criminal type's. It may be ilegal and un-constitutional but when has THAT ever stopped them before?
puff

edit:with all that said, I am not at all worried about it, like I said, there are too many of us and we are small time so dont worry, be happy, and smoke a bowl with us.
I'm not saying they don't have the resources to track you down, or link you with your internet activity, I'm saying they don't because it would be pointless for them. Like you said, there are "too many of us and we are small time", so if their intent wasn't to go after us then what the heck could their intent possibly be? Local LEOs and the DEA will go after the small and large scale cannabis cultivators, not the FBI. Sorry, but thinking the FBI is monitoring the internet activity of anyone besides those who are a threat to national security is both paranoia and foolishness.

Participating in discussion about vice crimes is perfectly legal, and if it wasn't then thousands of US based servers would be shut down.

pussum said:
Just don't be stupid and everything will be ok. We aren't harming anyone.

Obviously we aren't harming anyone, my question pertains whether the bad guys can do anything to harm us from our posts here. The 'War on Drugs' isn't about helping people, it's about harming people & making money.

They don't have the time to investigate, and many people are growing legally in their states.

I wonder what that ex-cop Barry Cooper who made those videos would say about it. Watching that **** is what got me thinking about whether it's safe to post on here or not, before I wouldn't have considered it. Some of his advice seems kind of paranoid/iffy though. For example dropping weed off at random remote locations if you're selling to someone rather than just visiting or having them visit you & hang out with them for a while. Obviously a quick in & out or espescially doing the exchange at the front door is bad but it's not like no one ever has house guests or friends come to hang out.

even with all this being said, yes, I still worry as I am older and have alot to lose even with a small misdemeanor it could affect my livelihood, but moreover, I am at the point that I know even the people who may snub me in society have all probably at least inhaled in their college years, so... what the heck... america needs to reprioritize and worry more about the online habits of pediphiles and weirdos, maybe catch some of those identity fraud people... oh', how about some of those cp virus creators and leave us grow our own and leave us alone folks be!
I know not all on here are from the states, but many countries are doing the same crap persecuting our buzzes while better funding could prevent something actually serious. I cant remember one instance of man I am so glad those increase the size of your member ads quit spamming my inbox, but those MJ forums really need to be taken down! What better way to fight terrorism that to sit a fanatic down and calm his nerves with some 100% natural nerve tonic and a good discussion!
Off topic as usual, but oh' well whatta ya' do!
If big brother wants to bust you, he will find a way to make it legal to do so. Since techically in this "stone age" of enlightenment what many of us are doing is still "illegal" in the powers that be eyes.

Latest posts

Back