Can "Religious Freedom" be a defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And don't forget all the people who've been murdered in the name of God. Look at all the religious wars throughout history. Millions of people have been slaughtered because they have different religious beliefs than others. If there is a God, I doubt she'd be happy about that. Oh the hypocrisy....

ETA: this is not intended as a criticism to all people who practice organized religion as many do indeed "practice what they preach".

People who go to church have every right, I have no problem with that I actually come from a family of church goers but I was given a choice it was not forced. My problem with it is people use it to hurt others and that has to stop it's not fair.

And yes god would be ashamed of us and how we act in my mind...also I believe whatever created life also gave us natural gifts (likeMJ) and MAN has no right to play god and say you can't use this...it's sickening.

And I wanted to reply about the differences between hemp and cotton. Hemp lasts longer, hence less repeat business. And have you ever heard of the cotton gin? It will kill all the big businesses and if they switch they will suffer for a bit, all the businesses have to make a major change and that always hurts but someone big and smart would be a genius to start the wheel rolling, they would be like the oil companies and have some serious power but it's a risk. Hemps durability is actually it's downfall too in a way, one of those catch 22s.

I do not think that religious beliefs should merit any preferential treatment.

If MJ is to be allowed, it is to be allowed for all.

im not a big fan of religon as i think its way for legal corruption, and a way to brain wash week people that are alreayd mentally week and need something to believe in... i put all my faith into being a pro marijuana, cuzz sheeett ide woulda killed my self from all other drugs out thier if mary jane wasnt here for me through the good and bad shes the only one understands me, gotta love it... i would be fine just havin it decriminalized all over america

i agree with runby i mean look at the rastas in jamaica they smoke and grow like crazy and its still illegal over their, so why should america legalize it to certian religous groups this would cause the same problem facing medical marijuana to manny saying theyre a religon just to smoke... over in cali its why everyone startin to get pissed about medical cuzz their saying people are taking advantage of it...

"LEGALIZE IT " @ rip peter tosh

How do you abuse a plant? MM being abused is something that upets me, ask yourself this. Do the pharma companies not do the same thing? Americans are the most overprescribed peoples in the world, the numbers are astounding....so...whos abusing what? Which is infinitely safer and which one is a billion dollar industry that actually tells us how to live and what to take. I mean look at the side effects of the most trivial perscription drugs, then look at all the stuff that MJ can take care of. I used it myself to ween myself off of booze (alcoholic) and it worked and continues to work, they make drugs for this. Is my problem nothing in the grand scheme of things, I don't know, it took me a long time to come to terms with it. It's a diesease so I finally did realize part of me is broken and it's not my fault but that I also have the power and will to take care of it. I chose MJ cause I like it and have you seen the side effects of these new addiction wonder drugs...no thank you take your poison and shove down someone else's throat. MJ is the most theraputic substance in the world and we don't even know the beginning of it. Plus everytime you buy perscriptions you donate to the war on drugs, I'm not saying to not take care of yourself but look at what a doctor will prescribe on your own and you will find that most perscriptions lead to other problems which lead to other perscriptions which leads to billions of dollars and a war on drugs. Be informed and hold your ground, it's your body not theirs.

yeah i dont agree with them obvisouly although alota medical patients over their are getin busted for overgrow the hole house which is suppost to be like 1 room.. if they did ever come to any kinda legalization for religon they simply say the same thing as the guys growin to much medical.... and they know if they strait out legalized it tons of people would probbly switch over to it an they couldent make their profit cuzz every1 would grow it instead of go to the pharmacy... thats true their profit madd by overprescribing pain pills and get tons of teens to seniors addicted to it...

toke@smoke420 said:
yeah i dont agree with them obvisouly although alota medical patients over their are getin busted for overgrow the hole house which is suppost to be like 1 room.. if they did ever come to any kinda legalization for religon they simply say the same thing as the guys growin to much medical.... and they know if they strait out legalized it tons of people would probbly switch over to it an they couldent make their profit cuzz every1 would grow it instead of go to the pharmacy... thats true their profit madd by overprescribing pain pills and get tons of teens to seniors addicted to it...

Sorry toke I misunderstood you, yes overgrowing your house I agree with...my bad.

its all good mann.. sometimes it hard to get people on the computer to see what your sayin with words you know people interprit things different..

Latest posts

Back