Can You Clon After You Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3patas

Reaction score
hey guys do anybody knows if you can clon after you harvest and can you harvest twice from same plant?

3patas said:
hey guys do anybody knows if you can clon after you harvest and can you harvest twice from same plant?

You can clone after harvest. clones need to have some bud on them and they will have to rejuvinate but it can be done, or you could rejuvinate the hole plant, as long as there are some buds and leaves left on the plant.

Heh, why clone it when you can just keep the whole plant? if your'e an indoor grower you can have the same plant for years. I'm going to do that this year with my outdoor plants, i'm going to keep like 5 and stick 'em in a green house and keep em for as many years as i can.

But if you're going to clone i'd keep the plant and make clones. but yeah it's very possible to clone after harvest.

thanks guys y almost on harvest and I want to know before I cut my buds i wish you guys were here to smoke some with you thanks my friends

hey dwane whats this about keeping the whole plant can anyone give some info on this process

klown said:
hey dwane whats this about keeping the whole plant can anyone give some info on this process

This is called revegging the plant. What is done is 2/3 of the plant is harvested. The bottom 1/3 is put back under 24 hrs. on light schedule.
Veg. nutrients are re-introduced. High nitrogen is a must.

This can be done over a few times, but there are reports of degredation of the plants potency. The best thing to do is to reveg. and leave as a donor. Cloning plants that late in flower will be difficult at best. Revegging is considerably difficult as well as you will have to trim some of the root mass and things. Causes a great deal of stress. Some strains do it well, some don't.

Ed Rosenthaul has a how to out there on the web among many others. just google it. ;)

Mutt said:
This is called revegging the plant. What is done is 2/3 of the plant is harvested. The bottom 1/3 is put back under 24 hrs. on light schedule.
Veg. nutrients are re-introduced. High nitrogen is a must.

This can be done over a few times, but there are reports of degredation of the plants potency. The best thing to do is to reveg. and leave as a donor. Cloning plants that late in flower will be difficult at best. Revegging is considerably difficult as well as you will have to trim some of the root mass and things. Causes a great deal of stress. Some strains do it well, some don't.

Ed Rosenthaul has a how to out there on the web among many others. just google it. ;)
thanks is good to have advice of a moderator i just harvest and it was good stuff so i want to keep the mother what do you think its ease reveg or clon after harvest thanks for your help

Never did either. I just read others grow journals and seen what there successes were. I always take a couple of clones from every "seed" plant. Then flower the clones. The mothers I had never seen 12/12. From what I've read though re-vegging is the easiest. only if the bottom 1/3 is still intact with the root ball and un-harmed. I know cuttings that are in flower can root but the later in flower they are taken the survival rate drops. The flower process is basically the start of the end of the plants life cycle.
I guess you could do both. take 1 or two branches but leaving at least 2 branches for re-veggin and trying to clone the other. Sorta puttin your eggs in two baskets instead of one.

Just re-read...if you already harvested...did you already chop the whole plant?

Latest posts

Back