Cannabis busters on the prowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Marlborough police are looking to the public to help eradicate illegal cannabis plots from the region's bush, farms, riverbeds and public land.

As part of what is expected to be a six-month operation, police will be actively searching for the plots but say public information is always a big part of cracking down on illegal growing activities.

Officer in charge of the operation, sergeant Mike Porter, said leaflets asking the public for help would be circulated around Marlborough's rural areas in the next few days.

The leaflet asked people to watch for cars dropping people off in remote or unusual areas, people masquerading as hunters, new clearings in the bush or remnants of old plots and fencing material in the scrub where you wouldn't expect it. The public is also asked to report areas where they previously found cannabis growing.

"We know that growers have already been actively preparing seeds and they are now putting in seedlings and growing them," Mr Porter said.

He said cannabis plots were found in forest, on farms "whether the farmer is aware of it or not" in riverbeds and anywhere else they would grow it.

Anyone with information should contact Blenheim, Havelock or Picton police and all information would be kept confidential. The identity of the informant was always a secret, Mr Porter said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/5a3o4v

hmm. Masquerading as hunters? So now every hunter gets the cops called on them? BWAHAHAHAHA!

marlboro-man.jpg

THE Marlboro Man....

must be an old article. Seems strange that they would be doing this now..

I think now you've got me more confused than I was in the first place!

Latest posts

Back