Can't beat the heat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i_love_amsterdam

Professional Bong Hitter
Reaction score
I am having some major heating issues. Started my grow in a basement about 6 weeks ago which was perfect to control temps, humidity, etc. But i moved about 3 weeks ago and was lucky to even have a grow space at my new spot. It is a storage closet that opens to the outside. It is approx. 4'L X4'W X6'H. With summer getting into full effect and 90 degree temps and humid *** air this room just cooks during the day. I have a small exhaust(4"X4") hole pumping air to the outside using a fairly powerful fan. This has had minimal effects. I know an intake might be helpful but it also could just bring the hot *** outside air into my grow room. I have several fans inside circulating air within the room. I ordered a cool mist humidifier off the internet and should recieve it in the next week and am hoping this will cool the air within the closet down. Hopefully. I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on getting my room much much cooler. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

VENT...VENT...VENT....my friend...I chose not to grow in Summer because of heat issues...I was thinking of installing a window air conditioner but with the lights I run a A/C would just add to the power bill...I grow enough Smoke in winter to stash away enough for the summer...I grow for myself and at harvest time end of june I will have about 3/4 pound put away..Hope this helps...Good Luck

this may sound crazy, but i don't know if this is fesible for you. geothermal, its been around for quite some time. google it study it. you don't need all the high tech gadgetry. maybe a large hole to sink & bury a 55 gal drum 3' below ground surface to top of drum & duct it to room (so around 6' deep- the deeper the "cooler"). just something to maybe jump start ideas.

peace,

dr. fishwrinkle

Latest posts

Back