Captain has a question about lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey thx.. is this ch16? lolo but like i asked her in another msg..i got a grow tent kit on amazon and i was wondering about the light it came with if it is anything good to use and if not or even tho can you suggest a light tht will work for me i have a 2x4x8 tent? thx for any help and once again im very new like dont know even terms to use lolo learning as i go.. thx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430-182654.png
    Screenshot_20230430-182654.png
    500.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230430_222110247 box2.jpg
    IMG_20230430_222110247 box2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
welcome aboard captain

lighting is not my bag so im no help , but…..

there are some first class master tent growers hanging out around here and a few educated lighting experts

so hopefully they will eventually chime in with some most excellent advice

otherwise , do you know what genetics you will be growing in your tent?

hey thx.. is this ch16? lolo but like i asked her in another msg..i got a grow tent kit on amazon and i was wondering about the light it came with if it is anything good to use and if not or even tho can you suggest a light tht will work for me i have a 2x4x8 tent? thx for any help and once again im very new like dont know even terms to use lolo learning as i go.. thx
Hey bud. Sorry to tell you that light won't do. There are several options and you dont need to pick the crazy expensive models.
I do know ac infinity iongrid is very nice. Migro array 4 is a very good choice too.
https://migrolight.com/blogs/grow-l...-4-x-2-grow-tent-2022-12-grow-lights-compared

welcome aboard captain

lighting is not my bag so im no help , but…..

there are some first class master tent growers hanging out around here and a few educated lighting experts

so hopefully they will eventually chime in with some most excellent advice

otherwise , do you know what genetics you will be growing in your tent?
ok cool.. and as for genitics does tht mean what kind of seeds i have ,or like indacouch or sativa?

You might do okay in veg, but you're going to need more light to get decent buds in flower. An LED light for a 2x4 is going to draw at least 150W, and 200W-250W would be much better.
yea i figured as im learning tht i was going to need a better light.. as for wht ur saying about drawing 150w and 200w etc dont know wht tht means lolo srry? like i said kinda of learning as i grow....

yea i figured as im learning tht i was going to need a better light.. as for wht ur saying about drawing 150w and 200w etc dont know wht tht means lolo srry? like i said kinda of learning as i grow....
The light you have says it has 150W "luminous power" which basically means it produces as much light as two standard 75W bulbs. But its power consumption is only 38W. If they added enough diodes to that light to draw 200W, its "luminous power" would be over 1000W.

If you're on a budget, something like the ViparSpectra P2000 would be good. It uses an older diode than what is standard these days, the Samsung LM281B. Most of the popular LED grow lights now use the Samsung LM301B diodes which are more efficient, produce less heat and have a somewhat better spectrum for growing. The ViparSpectra XS2000 uses those but is a lot more expensive. In general, if a manufacturer doesn't say what diode it uses, don't buy it.

Note that I used ViparSpectra as an example because I'm familiar with them. There are others just as good or better.

Good morning Captain. Looks like your question is getting a little chatter. I hope it’s helping. I have to admit the whole luminous power and watt thing I have never understood. Just happen to get good lights. I have a Mars Hydro 2000 and a spider farmer 2000 in my two 2x4 tents which are both awesome lights and you can find them on sale now and again. I didn’t start with this but have worked myself up to it. You can use your current light as crash said for vegging. I have a cheap stand up portable light that I have vegged under for months before putting them in the tent or outside. It does a good job but would not work well at all in flower. You have time to shop for a good flower light while using the one you have thru veg. You can find sales on them now and then if you look. I can only talk for the mars hydro and SpiderFarmer light but can tell you that it’s worth the investment in a decent light for a good grow. You will get some good info here on what lights are working for tent growers.
good luck with your grow Captain. Keep us up to what you are doing ✌️

Good morning Captain. Looks like your question is getting a little chatter. I hope it’s helping. I have to admit the whole luminous power and watt thing I have never understood. Just happen to get good lights. I have a Mars Hydro 2000 and a spider farmer 2000 in my two 2x4 tents which are both awesome lights and you can find them on sale now and again. I didn’t start with this but have worked myself up to it. You can use your current light as crash said for vegging. I have a cheap stand up portable light that I have vegged under for months before putting them in the tent or outside. It does a good job but would not work well at all in flower. You have time to shop for a good flower light while using the one you have thru veg. You can find sales on them now and then if you look. I can only talk for the mars hydro and SpiderFarmer light but can tell you that it’s worth the investment in a decent light for a good grow. You will get some good info here on what lights are working for tent growers.
good luck with your grow Captain. Keep us up to what you are doing ✌️
Now that was a typical sweet Subbie reply ! 🙂

Yes Sir

it is always interesting to hear what strains people are growing
ok so i bought these seeds i saw at my local dispensary .. i grabbed them cause i was there and was like it cant hurt, and like i said i have no clue what I'm doing and i also been reading and hearing some places to get seeds from is takes like a month or so etc. to come so if any thing i get practice I don't know, but I will show you the details that they have on the site.. thx for the help..

1. each package came with 6 seeds for 20bux usd.

Seeds only-

Feminized - Normal Photoperiod

Early Lemon Berry is a rare evenly balanced hybrid strain (50% indica/50% sativa) created through crossing the infamous Las Vegas Lemon Skunk X Member Berry strains. Looking for an energizing high that won't throw you for a loop? You've found it with Early Lemon Berry. This lovely lady packs a bright and vibrant cerebral high paired with a super relaxing physical effect that will have you feeling mentally active while physically calm for hours on end. It starts with a tingle felt behind the eyes and in the forehead, slowing spreading throughout the rest of your head and leaving you feeling lifted and mentally stimulated, filled with artistic energy and motivation. This tingle will soon work its way throughout the rest of your body, causing you to fall into a deeply relaxed state that's pretty arousing at times, too. Thanks to these effects and its high 20% + average THC level, Early Lemon Berry is said to be perfect for treating conditions such as chronic fatigue depression, chronic pain, nausea or appetite loss and chronic stress. This bud has a bright sweet and sour citrus flavor with hints of ripe berries. The aroma is very similar, although with an earthiness to it, too. Early Lemon Berry buds have small tapered minty green nugs with thick dark orange hairs and a coating of frosty tiny white crystal trichomes.

Seeds only-

Lineages: Triangle OG x Fire OG

Description: Cinnamon Buddha Strain is an indica leaning hybrid cross between two classic, robust OG strains – Triangle OG and Fire OG. Spicy, lemon-pine aromas and earthy flavor may deliver a strong body high and relaxation of the mind. After a long and busy day, Cinnamon Buddha could be the perfect strain choice to help unwind and settle down for the night.

Seeds only-

Exodus Cheese is a hybrid. It is often referred to as just “Cheese” or "UK Cheese”. It is believed to have grown out of Skunk #1 seeds and is originally only available as a clone. Exodus Cheese is well known for its strong and long-lasting effects, leaving users stoned for up to 4+ hours.

4. banana daddy. i couldnt find the info..

Latest posts

Back