Captain has a question about lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paper towels and into the baggie and into the dark closet….then into grow plugs and then into domed tray

Ogers Kush beans , bigs pheno

4D23E61B-4D3F-4464-B00D-468B31428981.jpeg

799D145F-6821-4490-9370-3E42179F31DA.jpeg

The light you have says it has 150W "luminous power" which basically means it produces as much light as two standard 75W bulbs. But its power consumption is only 38W. If they added enough diodes to that light to draw 200W, its "luminous power" would be over 1000W.

If you're on a budget, something like the ViparSpectra P2000 would be good. It uses an older diode than what is standard these days, the Samsung LM281B. Most of the popular LED grow lights now use the Samsung LM301B diodes which are more efficient, produce less heat and have a somewhat better spectrum for growing. The ViparSpectra XS2000 uses those but is a lot more expensive. In general, if a manufacturer doesn't say what diode it uses, don't buy it.

Note that I used ViparSpectra as an example because I'm familiar with them. There are others just as good or better.
hey bud hows it going but i wanted to say thx for ur input but i did go with the vipar xs2000.. so i was wondering id you have and specs for heights and any other useful info u can give ? thx

hey bud hows it going but i wanted to say thx for ur input but i did go with the vipar xs2000.. so i was wondering id you have and specs for heights and any other useful info u can give ? thx
A nice site that reviews lights, and goes in depth about performance of lights, usually expressed in par. The site is Coco for cannabis. Once done with their article you will have an understanding of what is needed, how it varies the par map to raise or lower and so forth.

Bubba

Not sure what you are asking. Specs for the heights?

Not sure what you are asking. Specs for the heights?
like height requiments should i follow what i find that is recomended/ so i was asking you cuase you said you was familar with the light so i was seeing if you had any tips basically .. srry to confuse im so new to this but its going thx

like height requiments should i follow what i find that is recomended/ so i was asking you cuase you said you was familar with the light so i was seeing if you had any tips basically .. srry to confuse im so new to this but its going thx
I tend to be lazy and keep mine near the top of the tent and never move it up or down. I just let the growth of the plant bring it closer. I'm probably in the minority on that approach, though. I think most here adjust the light to keep it 18 inches or so above the tallest plant. Basically, if you can feel the heat from the light at plant level, you are too close.

Edit: Yes, you should follow recommended practices. There's nothing special about these lights.

I tend to be lazy and keep mine near the top of the tent and never move it up or down. I just let the growth of the plant bring it closer. I'm probably in the minority on that approach, though. I think most here adjust the light to keep it 18 inches or so above the tallest plant. Basically, if you can feel the heat from the light at plant level, you are too close.

Edit: Yes, you should follow recommended practices. There's nothing special about these lights.
ok cool thx.. i will say its deff bright i kinda want it for my living room cuz im so blind lmao.. thx again

Latest posts

Back