Cardboard box= fire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while i would LOVE to be able to hook up a 150w HPS I'm concerned about the heat.. i have 3 cfls on in my room now and completely shut I'm getting up to around 85 degrees.. how much hotter would it get with the 150w HPS?

thanks,
Pete

Air cooling your HID lights makes a lot of difference in the heat. I'm working on a double 150W cooltube, but I'm not going to get it done before I head to the DNC.

I'll post a picture to give you an idea. I took the 150s apart and located 2 side mount sockets in a pyrex bake-around. The original cases will continue to house the ballasts. I haven't got the finish wiring done, but here is a picture of the cooltube assembly and one of the girls 4 weeks into 12/12:

scrog 035 (2).jpg

scrog 036 (2).jpg

Is your space enclosed inside the closet or are you using the entire closet as a space. If your space is inside a box inside the closet then the temps climb quick. If your using the entire closet as your grow space you need a bigger exhaust fan to suck as much hot air out as possible I cant stress that enough. you might have to wait on the hps until you fix the ventilation problem because if its that hot with cfls your just asking for high temps with hps. show a BIG picture of your entire grow area not just the plants I want to see the entire closet.

I looked at your picture with the intake and exhaust. Its ok for now but for future reference the exhaust should be at the top where most of the heat is. and the intake at the low point plus a circulating fan to mix the air. Look into getting an "4 inch Inline fan" when you get the HPS to really pull out all your air. You can leave the intake you have just add the 4in to the very top just cut a hole and place ontop easy. oh and just put a lock on your closet and make sure no light comes through check this at night with your lights off in the room to see for light leaks. Best Idea dude buy some grow books you can find them at a book store in the garden section its where I got all mine or online at amazon.com Get the "Medical Marijuana Horticultures Bible" best and anything by Ed Rosenthal.

check this out dude http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/growbox.html

You dont need to do hydro and you dont need an aircooled lamp but the 2holes he cuts are good for intake and exhaust. This is what I built and I love it because its a closed system so I supply co2 so i dont need an intake.
and co2 from a tank is cold so temps in the 80's speeds growth and yield. I would look into this dude.:D

Hey get ride of that light you had in your picture above your lights close to the plant if your not using it for the plant its just adding to your high temps.

Latest posts

Back