CFL question with pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV_pothead

Spaceman Spliff
Reaction score
I know that with CFL you dont get the quantity you get with HPS. But what about the quality? Heres some pics of the girls too!

Tony 3-25-09 pic1.jpg

Tony 3-25-09 pic2.jpg

as with quantity, quality follows suite..you buds will be airy and thin unless you have a butt load of cfl's...like 100,000 lumens worth. I myself tried to go the floro route but it did'nt prove to be very efficient enough to continue with said method...go HPS...the difference is night and day.

no. he was exaggerating.
you would have to have alot more cfls to get your 5000 lumens psf. MINUMUM
HPS just solves all the problems.
mh for veg hps for flower
imo

LV ur plants are looking great my friend:)

"why would you need more lummens from a cfl than with a hps or mh?"

The HPS and MH will penetrate the canopy better as where u would need twice as many cfls to get down in there like the HPS and MH would IMO.

so would it be safe to say that i wasted my money on a 100watt cfl replacing a 600watt?

stone hands said:
why would you need more lummens from a cfl than with a hps or mh?
ok, so maybe 100,000 lumens is streching it a bit, but an HPS has far more penetration value than he cfl's witch is why imo cfl flowering is a los cause for lack of a better term...chances are ,given the proper nutes and care ,you will have a decent harvest, but the plant will not reach it's potential...btw i swear by vegging with tube type floros, imo, they grow the healthiest, most robust plants i've ever seen

yeah, if your gonna use floros at least use T8's or T5's..try to stay away from the cfl's

stone hands said:
so would it be safe to say that i wasted my money on a 100watt cfl replacing a 600watt?

Are you saying that you bought a 100W CFL hoping to replace a 600W HID?

if thats the case, honestly ? you would have been better off if your dog ate the cash...like my dog does

it has a standard mogul it replaces a 600 watt bulb im to poor for the good stuff.

Latest posts

Back