Change in light times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunundrum.4343

Reaction score
The more I read, the more confused I get. If you changed your lighting times from 16/8 to 12/12 to get flowering, after the flowering has started, can you go back to a longer length of time.

You can, but this can stress your plant and increases the potential for hermies. It can also cause a reduction in yield and potency. Are you just asking this as a general question or did something happen that makes you consider doing this?

yea, im w/ dada. there would be no reason to do this. just keep em at 12/12. r u worried about size? they'll still stretch a bit......

Thanks for your quick responses. I have one that is flowering now and two I just started. Was thinking of putting them all under one roof, but I want my little ones to get as much light as they can.

Thanks again!!!

yeah,they could double or even triple in size.you should see a growth stretch in the first two weeks:48: :bong2: .
have you sexed them yet?

24/0 and 18/6 are the best time scheds for vegging your plants. 16/8 can cause premature flowering and will usually result in a reduced yield, so I don't recommend using 16/8 as a veg time sched.

Once you're plants have a decent number of growth shoots (aside from the top main growth shoot) you are ready to flower. Then it's time for 12/12. When you switch to 12/12 the plant senses this and produces and different type of chemical that switches the plant from veg mode to flowering mode.

Once you have switched to 12/12, there is no going back. However, if you want to re-veg your plant after harvesting her, then that is a completely different story that I won't get into unless you're planning on doing it and need some tips.

Best of luck to ya, any more Q's feel free to ask away.

Latest posts

Back