changing light cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
i have some week old seedling and a 4 week old plant. im upgrading to the 400 mh light in a few days from cfl's. I currently have all the plants on a 24 hour cycle but i wanna change it to 18-6 once i turn the big light on them babies. will this be ok? some say not to change the lgiht cycle but it would really be cost effective to go with 18-6

yea dude, just make the switch from 24 to 18-6.
Then dont mess around with the lighting again untill 12-12 :)

Question.With the proper water and nutes will a plant grow better or faster at 24/0 or 18/6..It just seems to me that the more energy it consumes the faster it will grow. So how much do you loose per day by shutting down for an extra 6 hrs of dark?:rolleyes: Besides having a smaller electric bill, am I better off 24/0 in Vegg and go stright into 12/12 for flower?

Can never find any definitive info on this. I guess it depends on the strain as much as anything. I tried my indies on 24/0 for a while and then I switched to 18/6. Didn't notice any difference.

Ive read where the enegy consumption outweighs the extra produced it was in Cervantes latest book I believe and he was using Californias cost of energy.

bluealein56 said:
i have some week old seedling and a 4 week old plant. im upgrading to the 400 mh light in a few days from cfl's. I currently have all the plants on a 24 hour cycle but i wanna change it to 18-6 once i turn the big light on them babies. will this be ok? some say not to change the lgiht cycle but it would really be cost effective to go with 18-6
Nope not at all will it be a problem, if anything your plants will show improvements :aok:

Latest posts

Back