Changing out jars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boveda packs change the taste and smell of the final product to me. But that is easy for me to say living in a arid area.
I was beginning to think that too. I never had them restore humidity, just slow down the progressive drying. Just dont need them these days. I was thinking they altered taste sometimes as well.

I have some of those little humidity things. Over time, I can just do it by feel. I trim wet, and the buds are left out a day or three. If they feel the right "dryness" I will jar them for a couple hours and feel again to see how soft, or damp the buds now feel. If they no longer feel the least dry on the outside, and a soft damp feel, they are usually 80%, which is way to wet to jar. Back out on the drying rack. Once they dont have that soft feel through and through, and although not dry yet, feel dry on the outside, even after an hour or two of being jarred.

Not describing it very well, its just a sense of feel that I have backed up with meters. Once at the above stage, they are usually ready to jar and burp, and will be 76-69%. or so, and burping frequently and fanning new air into the jars. Burp down to 62%, done.

I stopped with the packets. No need. If I have fresh flower ready to smoke and I want long storage, seal a meal and freeze.

Bubba
Yup, all by feel. Spongy/crispy....after a while you get so good at it you can do it in your sleep.

I use a desk fan to exchange the air then rotate the jar 180° to get the buds to dry evenly. Nothing like a good 30 day dry/cure.
Thats a good idea with the fan. I usually have a small piece of card board I can fan a lot of air in, rotate, air, lid back on. I like using the 1/2 gallon mason jars.

Latest posts

Back