cheap c02 producers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
anyone know any cheap c02 producers/methods?

Research how to brew beer my friend and the bio-product that is produced (CO2). Harness the gas and feed to grow chamber. A little DIY works wonders on the wallet.

with simple, proper ventilation, no c02 is needed. Ventilation is the cheapest, simplest, surest method of supplying the plants with "what they need, in proper proportions"

Hick said:
with simple, proper ventilation, no c02 is needed. Ventilation is the cheapest, simplest, surest method of supplying the plants with "what they need, in proper proportions"
so no additional co2 is not needed,when proper ventilation is provided.
cheers hick,that`s put alot of problems to bed for me.:cool:

"Absolutely" shuggy...Good ventilation is all ya' need.
"IMHO" most of the ..."DIY" systems are a total waste. Without proper controls on ppm, temps and ventilation, it's nothing more than a 'shot in the dark' if you're benefitting the plants or not.

Hick, CO2 'can' increase plant growth and yield up to 50 % though so isnt it worth a few quid here or there. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me as im no master.:confused:

cjf2612 said:
Hick, CO2 'can' increase plant growth and yield up to 50 % though so isnt it worth a few quid here or there. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me as im no master.:confused:

It is "certainly" beneficial, I don't mean to discount it, if administered under proper conditions.
BUT...without a rather expensive setup, with tanks, gauges,control for administering, thermostatic controled ventilation, ect.."IMHO"..it's a bust.

Hick said:
It is "certainly" beneficial, I don't mean to discount it, if administered under proper conditions.
BUT...without a rather expensive setup, with tanks, gauges,control for administering, thermostatic controled ventilation, ect.."IMHO"..it's a bust.

Exactly. It never made sense to me that growers spend so much time measuring food, water, light etc, but when it comes to co2, they rely on homebrew techniques that have little or no control on flow.

Check out your local paintball shop for guages, tanks and regulators. You can expect to spend a bit initially (usually arount $100), but in the end, it'll be worth it.

cjf2612 said:
increase plant growth and yield up to 50 %

Not from what I've seen... I know a grower with a 15 light setup with $4000 of computer gear/co2/controllers/regs n what not... and he says all he gets is maybe one ounce more per 1000w light... he said if he could ventilate instead of co2 he would do in a heartbeat instead of the c02 which costs so much and is a pain in the butt to keep running.

just for the record.."I"ve never ran c02 either..

Latest posts

Back