Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How wet are the cubes when you insert cutting ?
Not soaking wet. I squeeze them out a little but they are still wet. I mist them when they seem to dry out some I think from my heat mat after a couple of days but I still never make them soaking wet. Humidity in the dome is not as important like with planting seeds if fact you don’t want the leaves wet. Some of your original leaves my die off but you will soon see the new growth

I cut the clone, dip the fker in cloning powder and stick the bastard in dirt. Keep soil moist. I clone all kinds of plants and trees. I've used bubblers but to much a pain in the ass.
I have also just stuck them in a glass of water and set by a window. Keep water changed.

Last edited:
I think my biggest problem is that the cutting are getting wet.
I don’t know, I’ve had weed trim in my kitchen just as a decoration in a glass with nothing but tap water and they made great roots. I was not trying at the time to make clones but I don’t think your cutting being wet at the business end would be a problem.

When I cloned, I cut, dipped and stuck them in mini rock wool cubes. Stick in a dome under a florescent and wait. Don't do nothing else.

I would soak the cubes in a solution with a weak addition of cloning gel mixed in for 24 hours. Take the cubes out and hold them in your hand (Don't squeeze) and give them three really good hard shakes. Then stick your cuttings in. I did it in my grow shed so getting the floor wet with the excess that comes off didn't matter.

IMG_3427.jpeg

I successfully rooted this a week or two ago.

Latest posts

Back