Clones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're talking about a clone of a clone of a clone et al, I really don't know. I usually keep a mother and wack tons of clones off of her over the period of a year, and by the time I've grown them all out, I'm tired of the strain and ready to move on.

I've took clones from clones for years with no loss in quality because I didn't want to keep a mother.
The only way I see a loss in quality happening is if the grower changes his growing habits,,or how he takes care of his plants.

I need to learn to clone I have C99 X NL and now Maui W I want to keep. If I can make beans the c99 X NL would be my first choice of seeds. The MW I would love to clone and keep a mother. How do you keep her from flowering long light cycle?

I need to learn to clone I have C99 X NL and now Maui W I want to keep. If I can make beans the c99 X NL would be my first choice of seeds. The MW I would love to clone and keep a mother. How do you keep her from flowering long light cycle?
The mother will never flower, if you never change the light cycle.
I have MW seeds, but have not popped them yet, mainly because I figure they are gonna run close to 12 weeks in 12/12.
You may want to take run time into consideration before deciding what mothers you are gonna keep.
A mother is gonna take up space in a veg tent, for however long you decide to keep her.
Do you really want to dedicate that space to a plant that is gonna take 12 weeks to flower, every time you run it?
How many times do you think you would run it before you were like, screw this plant, it takes too long?

Definitely learn to clone, though.
I take clones of clones of clones, but that’s because I am always rotating through different strains and never keep anything all that long.
I am considering keeping a mother of the Hairberry (Herijuana x Blueberry) that Bigsur sent me.
I have been running that one for a while now, and don’t plan to stop until something better comes along, and that will probably take a while.

I've had 'em go to flower eventually under 24 hours of light. It was rare, but it happened. The plants were stunted, and the flowers were tiny, but it did happen.
I've hacked hundreds of clones off a mother plant and then kept them for months and put the mother outside in the spring. Talk about a bush! She was wide as she was tall, and she was over 6'. Huge buds, too.

My first try was a bust they never did root. I just pitched them the other day. They wete trying to flower.
If you have a plant in 18/6, and take cuttings from it, and then put the cuttings in a light cycle with less than 18 hours of light, they will flower.
So yeah, if you take cuttings from a plant in 18/6, and set them on a windowsill, they will flower.

Cloning is a pretty easy skill to develope if you have the time and space. I'm only in a 2x4, but I plan to take some clones before I flip them, just for practice if nothing else. It will be heading into summer and have max daylight, so I hope to keep a few outside until the flowering is done inside. Then, I'll either flower the new plants or trade them with local friends for something else.
The nicest plant I ever grew was a mother plant put outside. It was only 3 foot tall or so, but had dozens of colas, most stretching from the ground to the top. It was an Afghani strain which always stayed short.

You can but it will do you no good. You will end up with a midget. I've done it.
Autos only have so much time. Once you clone, that clone will need to root and flower. It will be way behind the mother and will be small and a runt. Pure waste of time.

Latest posts

Back