Check this out, Comments and insight are welcom.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
While trimming I encountered a large number of these little sap balls on my bud. I am sure this is a good thing but I have never seen or heard of it. They are super sticky and range between clear and light amber. What is it? How does it happen? Is it indeed a good thing? I took a few pictures with my phone.

super.jpg

yeah I'm confused??? Never heard of a sap ball, the only thing I can think of that you may be talking about would be a swollen calyx??? I can't really tell anything from your pic...it just looks like a peice of bud.

Dont know, dude. As long as it smokes smooth & does the job. Later Man

IMO its swollen calyx... Thats how i would describe what i saw in mine to... break a bud open and it was like sap oozing out of the calyx....

I had same blackberry kush last summer that had the same thing... never saw anything like it before or since tho...

I had some Jock Horror that had swollen calyx as well. It almost looks like it's seeded but it's not.

They kind of look like small heads of lettuce.lol

This is a picture of two sap balls that were near eachother. one is kinda solid and has turned amber the other was clear it got stuck to my finger while i was ajusting the buds foa a better pic. So it's just a sticky out of focus blob to the right of the amber one. They were all over this load.

the one.jpg

This is Blackberry kush, but we found it on the afi as well. Just starter using kushie kusk as a nute. This load was the first with it.

looks like a mutant trich. one thats tens of thousands x's larger...lol

Take a better pic farther away And in focus!

Its not a trich... Its a "sap like" liquid thats comes from the calyx's deep in larger buds right on the main stem...

At least thats where it was on the bb kush buds i had....

swollen and sticky! im not sure that it is all bad have you looked at it under a scope?

Latest posts

Back