cheese??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icegrower

Reaction score
hey there, can anybody inform me on what is this cheese strains im seeing people here talking alot about...
is that maybe what others call skunk or what is it excactly.

hXXp://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/products/633/cheese-seeds.html

Change the XX to TT.

Many places sell cheese seeds, im not advocating this particular seed site, it was the first that Google found :)

Cheese originated in 1988-89 as one unique female phenotype out of packet of Sensi Seeds Skunk No. 1 grown somewhere in the Chiltern Hills. This one plant produced impressively large buds and had a very distinctive cheesy odour. It was quickly cloned and named Cheese.

found this on the seedsman page, and it ansvers what i needit to know:)

here is some more info on the uk cheese and the bigbudda cheese, the bigbudda is the closest you will get to the real deal in seed form. the bigbudda is uk cheese x afghani ibl and back crossed back to the cheese 5 times.

The History of The Cheese by Big Buddha

The Cheese is a very unique plant, until now, available as clone form only, Originating, and still growing around the U.K and now, Holland, this 15 year old variety has been the leading dominant strain in the history of the underground British Indoor cannabis scene. I obtained this specimen three years ago, the person who gave this to me is a much respected person within the industry named Zorro, but I also did some more research and found out and spoke to some of the founders of the cheese and they told me about all about the cheese.

Background.

At around 88/89 these guys planted some skunk no1 and put the females outside, not knowing too much at the time they cloned off one particularly special plant which was named after by another mate �cheese� due to its all pervading stink.
Then around 90� the guys started to go to the free parties put on by the Exodus collective based in Luton, meeting up with other growers and was soon sharing stories as well as knowledge, this was how we teamed up to grow the cheese at HAZ manor, the collectives housing co-op in Luton, Exodus were taking a lead role in fighting prohibition at that time and the manor was a persecution free zone, the manor inspired loads of people to start growing and cheese cuttings were flying out of the door for a few years.!
(Source: cheesefarmer)

Unique.
The Cheese is the number one strain in the U.K. its distinctive, Old School taste is unique to the cannabis world , when you smell the Cheese you will be drawn in by an array of fruity, musky, hash /skunk undertones people who tasted the Cheese will always remember the smell, Very odorous
Grown indoors and outdoors this plant can finish in very respectable times, outdoors, expect a finish at the end of October/ start of Nov if planting outdoors please be wise with the planting spot because later on there will be a smell of terrific pot later on that season
Indoors, the cheese will finish between 7 to 9 weeks (although I have some �cash croppers� who grow hydroponically and will cut down every 6 weeks!). My preference, in Bio, Soil, the plant will be lovely and ripe within 50 up to 65days depending on personal preference, as long as the conditions are good. I must also recommend using charcoal filters on extraction fans especially in urban/ built up areas, that�s my smell warning! Don�t say we did not warn you!!

History about the Big Buddha

Now as you may know I have been writing articles for Weed world for a while now, As well as providing a few pictures of the Cheese, In the meantime, during the last two years I have also had the opportunity to find myself an excellent location somewhere in the southern Mediterranean regions of Spain. When I acquired a cheese cutting back in early 2002 I started a little side work on a cheese crossed with this excellent true landrace Afghani male in my collection the afghan seeds were given to me by an old smuggler friend who in the 80�s was responsible for bringing tonnes of afghan border hash to the UK, as well as the selected female Afghani which was a real big yielder with really tight internodes, as well as a rich, lovely deep fruity bouquet) the male had the same smell and had excellent tight branching the first cross was in later on that year 2002, there were some very varied results, but through selection , I backcrossed the best male with the original Cheese, This was all done in the U.K. aware of the current laws in the country and as well as a lot of friends/circles around me getting caught we then decided to move our own project over to some good friends in Spain so we took the Cheese and some crosses and drove them to our new location, this was back in 2003 At around the beginning of 2004 while in Spain we were fortunate to be at the right time right place to acquire a space large enough to really get to work, so immediately my crew and I went in, the result after studying and testing is the cheese backcrossed 5 times as well as adding extra hybrid vigour and yield through extensive selective breeding we realised we have a genetically enhanced modified version of the cheese
After the many appraisals from other peers in the cannabis industry I made the decision to finally produce seed and will be releasing the Big Buddha Cheese, it has taken me a while now to start up and at the same time making sure we test viability, stability and germination rates of my seeds.

Introducing Big Buddha seeds

With more than 35 years growing knowledge between my crew, and having travelled around the world collecting new genetics we have made the decision to start a seed company, Big Buddha seeds the first release will be the Big Buddha Cheese this specific strain is the pinnacle of cannabis breeding today, setting new standards and introducing a new line of genetic material to the world, the BBC takes 8 � 10 weeks to flower and is consistently a much better yield than the original cheese however flavour and taste is not lost at all , if there is any variants, you will not be disappointed by the flavour of the old skool, highly resinous, Afghan again another unique taste but the high is real special, we at Big Buddha Seeds believe that we are the next new generation of breeders and will be introducing new genetic lines to the cannabis world.

Peace and Love
Big Buddha
www.bigbuddhaseeds.com

this info was wrote a few years back by the people at bigbudda.

i too have been curious to try cheese. perhaps one day i will get some of those seeds from you, but i have heard that even the marketed "cheese" seeds aren't as good as the real deal. i can not comment personally as i haven't any to compare - yet. so i take your word and perhaps one day will write a strain review of this ;) danke scheun mein freund

dank.bud76 said:
i too have been curious to try cheese. perhaps one day i will get some of those seeds from you, but i have heard that even the marketed "cheese" seeds aren't as good as the real deal. i can not comment personally as i haven't any to compare - yet. so i take your word and perhaps one day will write a strain review of this ;) danke scheun mein freund

there will never be any seeds that are 100% cheese because there is no male cheese plant out there.the seed banks that sell "cheese" seeds are all cheese crosses.the bigbudda being by far the best and closest of all of them so far.there cheese was back crossed 5 times

Latest posts

Back