Cleanin' Bongs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
Ok...I really need to get my bongs cleaned sershly...And i was wondering how everyone else cleans their bong around here??? i've been meaning to get some pipe cleaner solution from the head shop but haven't been in a blue moon...So what would be the best household item or way to clean it??? Can you go about boiling it like you would a pipe/bowl...??? Just thought i'd throw that out there, and oh yeah, my bong tastes like crap :(....:eek:

kosher salt and iso alcohol, add - shake well or untill clean - rinse completely, towel & air dry.;)

NEVER BOIL GLASS, ever. all that does is make it so you can break it if its a quality glass piece.

THanks for the heads up Ktown, i've seen people boil glass pieces, just at very low temp...So as not to crack it, like you said...But i believe i'll go with salt and iso, simple and safe...best way to go with anything imo

yup stick the iso and a rock salt of some kind to act as a grinding agent. if you can get ur hands on some orange clean or some oxy clean that help you out too. the orange clean will get the iso smell and residue out also. other wise get glass cleaner

Last time a tried to clean my glass pipe my friend told me to boil it and man what a MISTAKE! My pipe was ruined! All the resin came out and stuck ALL over my pipe making it smell like ****! Dont boil it dude. Just my 2 cents.

no access to any glass pipe cleaner, unless sold at wal-mart...would there be any commercial item i could use??? And also , does the salt have to be rock salt, or could you use regular table salt??? Thanks for all the help everyone, i've never been one for keeping things clean honestly

this might sound strange but on occasion i have scraped up the resin and rolled it up with a jay and KABLAM! your couchlocked :) but you still have to clean it when you wake!

you want a very large size corse salt that doesnt dissolve. and as far as going to walmart. Orange clean in a spray bottle. oxy clean in a little tube. rubbing alcohol and the salt should do most of the work and no i can't think of the name of that salt off the top of my head.

I use reg Morton iodized table salt and reg rubbing alcohol for my bong, diffuser, and my bowl. They are brand new status when I'm done. Rinse thoroughly and no resin, no smell, just shiny clear glass. Works just fine.

i tried boiling my bong the other day and it doesn't do anything...it loosened up the huge chunks of resin in the downstem and made them easier to remove with a pipe cleaner but that's it. didn't do squat to clean the resin caked on the walls or any of the other discolorations.

iso alcohol + rock salt = shine like new :)

Im surprised no one has said this yet, i tried using Drano overnight on my compact bubbler and it did wonders on 2 years use, i just left it overnight and walaa!! new bong..:eek: :eek: .. LOL.. good household choice if you dont have anything else.. :aok:

also seen a guy use acetone.... cleaned it right nice. side effects anyone?

Do not use alcohol on acrylic bongs... I learned that one the hard way. It will eat away at the plastic. On glass it works great though.

OMG - I am a clean nut! I clean my glass at least once a week.

this is the best and quickest wat I have found:

I use 420 glass cleaner and hot water. amazing stuff!

also goo gone and hot water (from the tap not boiled) works very good also.

and pipe cleaners and paper towels!

good luck.

Latest posts

Back