Cleaning and recalibrating the ph probe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
I got a ph probe about 2 months ago and im sure its about due for the cleaning and recalibration. The manual says something about a cleaning solution but the rep at the hydro store doesn’t know anything about it…
Iv tried soaking it in alcohol for a few hours but that didn’t work its quite dirty still.
For calibrating, the manual says, I need two buffer solutions of ph4 and another ph7. Where or how do I get this buffer solution. If my meter should be recalibrated then it probably isn’t accurate. Right?

What make and model is it?

Can you find a pic on the net so we can see it?

You can buy buffers on ebay, only the 7 is needed :)

over time all ph pens etc need a little calibration,dosnt meen its not accurate,just adjust it with ph7

Go to any aquarium section at your local petstore or supermarket, they should have it there with the fishy water supplies.

They do sell PH probe cleaning solution, the guy at your hydro shop is lame dont ask him about anything else.

And yes they have the calibration solution too both 7.01 and 4.01
you might get away with just 7.01 but the 2 part calibration is more accurate for the meters that have 2 part calibration.

I get my storage, calibration and cleaning solutions from the science company, Hanna makes the ones I use, but many are available, milwaukee is another good company any GOOD meter supply company should have them all

Here ya go
hxxp://www.betterthannature.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/14

i have bought a milwuakee cd 600
thought it was just a ppm pen but now i think it a dual with ph as well
so now i have no idea how to work or read it can anyone help me please

Latest posts

Back