Clipping Roots or...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
... how long can you keep your clones going in an aeroponic environment?

I read somewhere that if one keeps trimming the roots, it is possible to maintain a clone in that stage for some time, like weeks. Can one of you corroborate such a claim?

Leaves are yellowing to be sure, they look raggedy as heck, but roots are lush and thick. I cannot transplant just yet due to space considerations.

What might my window be looking like here? I clipped 4" of roots from the Master Kush and the Nebula each; the Cheese are younger and not as developed yet, but these are growing nice roots also.

Thanks in advance, my learned friends!

Cheers,

photo.JPG

Moto-Man said:
... how long can you keep your clones going in an aeroponic environment?

I read somewhere that if one keeps trimming the roots, it is possible to maintain a clone in that stage for some time, like weeks. Can one of you corroborate such a claim?

Cheers,

You can vegg clones in the cloner for a couple weeks, if your clones have rooted add some nutes to the cloner, get the light nice and close.

Basically you are just in the vegg stage, whether you trim roots or not.

Trimming roots will help when you transplant. Mine got so long one time in my cloner that I "coiled them up" when I transplanted.
Those developed root rot where roots were " piled up"

I agree with Growdude, if you need to leave them in the cloner add some nutrients and ph everything in the range for hydro. I have done it before and had some healthy plants that had robust growth right in the cloner.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!

Timing things can be so frustrating at times :)

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back