Clones during the flowering cycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbong

up in smoke
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have taken a couple clones today, my plants are about 2 weeks into the flowering cycle. My friend is telling me that this will not work, what is your opinion? Also, I am letting the clones sit in standing water (water bottle with hole in lid) because my sis threw out my aquarium pump when she borrowed my fish tank :)mad: I was planning on making a mini bubble cloner) Do you think this water bottle method will work?

I took clones from a flowering plant about a week ago. They haven't rooted yet but they are alive and doing well. I don't know about the bottle of water thing...i'd say it could work but don't want to tell you it will def work.

Hey I never had a problem with taking clones in the beginning of flowering but that was only two weeks or less. As far as the water jug thats the way I have been doing it for some time I cut the shoots I want Then make another cut while the end is under water then leave them in a cup of water 1 & half inches of water or 2" then keep them out of direct light and in about a week or so you should have roots, wait till the roots are @ least 1&half inches before placing in soil. Thats the way I've been doing it!!! But there are so many ways and methods for cloning if you have enough just experiment!!! also check the site for the suject of cloning. Good Luck

Thanks for the info, I dont think I should have any problems since I took the cuttings from the bottom(barely any signs of sex). The clones are alive and looking well after day 1. Greenerworld why would I want to keep them out of the light? as of now they are directly under a cfl.

hey jbong I've had problems with direct (sunlight) not indoor lighting systems it's the heat clones don't like at first until they establish. I keep my clones in light but not direct sunlight. While I wait for them to root in water I keep them among my houseplants by the window once they root I transfer them into soil and in my grow room they go!!!!

heres a pick of my last clone to go in the room in a few days

clones001.jpg

looks like its workin out pretty well for you, I am excited to get these rooted so I can put them into the diy hydro setup im building. Do you recomend putting a dome over the clones to keep the moisture in?
thanks alot for all the info greenerworld.

Hey jbong I don't use any dome You might consider one if you have high temps but if not I wouldn't. Once there in soil I water as if they were grown from seed. But since your planning on hydro you'll have to experiment I know nothing about hydro. keep me up on progress and send pics if you can Good Luck

Latest posts

Back