Clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
Do clones normally grow slower than plants from seed? If I grew a plant from seed, after 2 months she would be 2' tall. And if I had a clone for 2 months (not including the rooting process), she would only be 1' tall. Is that normal, or should I expect a little more from my clones? Thanks CH.

mine started from clones and they are about a month or so in, check em out on my thread. In my opinion, if you for sure want female plants clones is the way to do it.

After the rooting process my clones grow alot faster than the plants ive grow from seed.
It depends how much light you have on your clones and what nutrients you are feeding them and how much Co2 is in the room and what temp and humidity the veg room is. So there are alot of things to take into consideration to figure out why your clones are growing slow.

If you make a bubble cloner your clones will root alot faster. I made one for less than $25.

clones will in most all cases grow much faster than seeds.

as long as they are healthy, rooted properly, and nursed properly

C'mon really guys! I thought for sure you'd say they grew alot slower! Under the exact same conditions, I had clones beside my seedlings, my seedlings walked all over my clones sob! I'm not big on nutes, but I guess I will bump up their nutes and see what happens. If anyone else reads this, check out my sick clones in the sick plant department and see if they are nute deficient or what. And I am not judging the growth on these sick clones, but healthy ones I had before. Thanks!

i don't know if they grow any faster or slower but i think that clones grow a lot bushier and hardier than seedlings

just from my own experience

don't know what other people experience though

good luck CH

Watching my clones grow is like watching paint dry. It kind of is a good thing they are growing slow because they are going outside when it gets nice out, and we just got a crap load of snow lately. I don't have room for 10 large clones lol.

Latest posts

Back