Cloning a plant in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer

Reaction score
I hate doing it, and I have never attempted it, but I have one plant I am flowering right now that I had at first rejected as a potential mother, but she is proving to be a great producer and I want to continue with her genetics.
So I took 3 clones from her lower shoots when she was about 3.5 weeks into flower, and somehow my boneheaded, no talent at cloning butt managed to get all 3 to survive the cloning process and as of two weeks later all three are popping roots out the bottom of the rockwool. I have selected the best of the 3 and planted it in a small pot in order to be a banzai mother going forward, but now I do not know what I should do with the other two. Since these were clones of a flowering plant, they are showing signs of REVEGGING now. So can I take these two extra clones and just throw them right back into flowering? Or should I give them a certain amount of time to reveg and hopefully go through less stress, thus reducing the chance of a hermie?

I'm sure i have read of it so could be worth a try for sure, if it doesn't work just follow Mutts advice.

Just re read your post, stoned lol.

Stick with what Mutt said :)

Massproducer had a post here on cloning flowering plants I don't have the link but it covered all that has been asked here.

Latest posts

Back