Cloning clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Just finished trimming up my clones which will start their 2nd week of flower tomorrow. I cleaned up a lot more from the bottom opposed to my first grow at this stage as I see where the little stuff on the bottom not reaching the lights were a waste and maybe I could have transferred some of that energy to the buds. Anywho, there were so many clone candidates while trimming and since I had a bag of root riot plugs and some cloning gel I dropped some down. I don’t need them and will gift them if they make it like they did last time but I was wondering about 1 cloning clones and 2 cloning clones that have started flower. They have only been in flower a week but have started showing signs of flower pretty well already. Any thoughts?

good question

we do it all the time

there is some discussion out there that the clones show more all around vigor when taken in early flower

we really never noticed any difference between taking clones in veg or in early flower , like 2 weeks or less

my experience with taking clones late in flower , which can be done but sometimes it’s a mess , a lot has to happen for the plant to re-vegg and they don’t like it

for example , I re-vegged a 4’ foot Chocolate Trip that was halfway done and the transformation was horrible , the plant made tons of new branches that were 1 and 3 fingered leaves

the end product was a lot of cabbage , or vegetation , and fluffy flowers

it went into the hash bag after harvest

all the best

Not a good idea. Like Big said plants are funky. Sometimes only two or three fan leaves....plant eventually straightens out. Avoid doing it possible.
Tomorrow is first week of flower. They are already showing good signs of blooming. I didn’t really need the clones just didn’t want to waste them since there were so many after I pruned. Planned to gift them out but I really don’t want to gift funky plants either. Maybe I’ll let them go just for the cloning experience.

Tomorrow is first week of flower. They are already showing good signs of blooming. I didn’t really need the clones just didn’t want to waste them since there were so many after I pruned. Planned to gift them out but I really don’t want to gift funky plants either. Maybe I’ll let them go just for the cloning experience.

i will wager that your clones will be just fine

Latest posts

Back