CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide) Lights Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sexologist420

Sexologist since age 13
Reaction score
Well, I have been reading alot on CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide) Bulbs and they are pretty amazing. They are 4000 kelvins and is like a supercharged metal halide/hps combo and its not much more expensive. They only lose about 200 lumins in there lifetime and they run on a standard magnetic hps ballast. The biggest they have so far is 400. They have 150,250,400. They also have smaller ones but they are actually pulse metal halide. They dont throw near the heat as an hps does...they are still as hot but they dont throw it down so you can keep the light 4" or so from your plants expecially if you got a fan pulling the hot air out. They have way more usable light for plants then hps or mh. They are a White Light. Phillips was the first to make em and are by far the best bulbs. I am very impressed with the grows ive seen by em. mjp.com has a huge thread on em...but cuz of site rules I cant post it so juz go check it out. Another thing is they produce alot more resin glands and make a much more sweet and pungent smell, a couple people did CMH/HPS comparisons and the main diff is CMH makes leafier buds...not smaller buds or less bud material...just bigger leaves. The only diff is it takes longer to trim afterwards. And of course the smell and resin glands. He also said the same strain (WW and NL) the CMH was a stronger smoke. Just search CMH on mjp.com if u wanna check it out. But ya...I havnt seen any threads on em so I thought I would start one. Heres some info.

hXXp://advancedtechlighting.com/cdmed18.htm That tells you all about em. Ill attatch the color spectrum comparison to hps...you can tell theres ALOT more light...hps has a bit more yellow light. Let me know what you guys think...lets get this thread going and get some opinions floating around.

Pce

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=91225&d=1228207404

CMH2.jpg

The light probably emits more UVb, and therefore produces more thc in the last 2 to 3 weeks of flowering.

Ya I remember reading something about that on the mjp thread. Some people use the CMH bulb for veg, the first 2-3 weeks of flowering then use an HPS for the next 3 or so weeks then use the CMH for the last 2-3 weeks flowering. Personally the full CMH grows ive seen are as good as any hps grown ive seen.

Latest posts

Back