CO2 idea. good or bad need feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankerthc

Reaction score
i had this idea of putting baking soda and vinegar together in a bowl by my plants to introduce co2. do u remember chemistry in grammar school?

i dont think it will be worth your while apart from the awfull smell :spit:i dont think it will produce enough to be of any benifit ,,,i may be wrong and someone will correct me ,,its jmo

Reactions: D3
found this on measuring how much co2 u get from baking soda and vinegar. I've heard of several methods and such to employ this method of co2 enrichment but have never tried or heard first hand testimony to its efficiency.hXXp://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem00/chem00965.htm

I've heard of shops that have machines to make your own co2, I looked into them but they cost to much. I have the bottle and it cost very little to have it filled.

DO NOT DO THIS> i tried it once and killed 2 babies.. not even worth the time man.... if u need co2 buy a kit!! trust me on this one

You could probably produce more C02 by eating a couple of burritos and breaking wind in your grow room. If your temps are right, CO2 is not worth the bucks to do it right. JMO

just got done watchin this youtube video where this dude briefly showed wat was a 2 litre bottle wit sugar water and yeast in it wit lil hole i lid....
now if i remember right when i was in jail once upon a time the guys were all makin jail house hooch(wine) they used pop bottles from soda on commisary and jelly saved from meals bein they was served it every meal. they took made jelly water and added bread balls in cloth to the juice and just like wine the yeast feeds off the sugar an farts feircely(CO2)
and i remember makin wine once too an had baloons on top bottles tat filed wit co2
would this really be worth the hassle an wat not even for the amount of co2 ya'd really get from it?

dr_toker81 said:
go to www....broponics.com its my peeps. they will help you out. very friendly dude. will answer all your ?'s
HAHAHAHAHA WOW! "PowerGrower 8-Pack Kit SKU: GH4832 $499.95 "
WOW 500 bucks for a waterfarm 8 pack?!?!?!?! total rip off whole site complete rip off. hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com $279.99 for a 8 pack waterfarm

What you are proposing will not work and IMO, is a waste of time, money, and energy. To be effective CO2 needs to be introduced at certain levels--like 1500-1800 ppms. This has to be regulated with a regulator. You need higher temps to utilize the CO2. You also need a completely air tight room. You need to coordinate exhaust and the release of CO2.

If you are exchanging the air in your space 3-4 times a minute, your plants are getting enough CO2.

If you want to inject co2 to your grow, you are going to have to fork out some bucks & do some work to your grow room for it to benefit your grow. What your talking about is so tiny compaired to what you need. Your room will have to be completely sealed, you will need a co2 emiter kit, tank, climate controler, vent intake, exhaust vent, & thats just a start. I did it all & found that co2 does help your grow BUT there just wasn't that big of a difference. I spent a lot of money on this & was not that impressed. If you have good air flow, fresh air comming in & the stale air being evacuated, you dont need it. Later Man

Thanks DLM#--a personal testimonial is always better than "someone said". If people have extra time, money and energy, I usually advise them to buy more light--that is something that we know will make a difference.

dr_toker81 said:
dude there his list prices. he will cut a ******* deal you cant beat anywhere so go suck a **** and dont be bashin my dude
quiet kid, 279.99 is there list price beats a list price of $499 ;)
You will never find cheaper prices then hxxp://discount-hydro.com and if you actully come down to the store here in southern cali, the prices are even cheaper because they tax there catolog and internet prices to ship it out to you, they have all the best nutrients and equipment, and know what they are talking about and what do you mean he will cut you a deal? what you want people from this site to actully come on down to PA and go to your buddys hydro shop? what kind of ** is that ANYONE can order from discount hydro from anywhere and get a good deal my point exactly, 279.99 compared to 500 for a waterfarm 8 pack thats cutting no deals, no comparison

its just my aunt told me to do it and she went to jail for growing. she had 75 plants behind her house. and she has finaced herself on it for 30 years. i just wante some more feedback

tankerthc said:
its just my aunt told me to do it and she went to jail for growing. she had 75 plants behind her house. and she has finaced herself on it for 30 years. i just wante some more feedback

Huh?

Latest posts

Back