CO2 results?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dank.bud76

danker da better
Reaction score
never used co2 myself, anyone else have before/after comparative results? Are the 50% claims I see true or overstated? thx

thank it all depends on your situation. whats your setup like? you know are you in a small room, grow medically and have a lot of plants or what. need more info. i'm sure some people will contest to it where others it was a waste of time cause they didn't need it.

my current situation is indoors in a small space with lots of airflow, plumbed into home hvac but no co2 augmentation. i've heard some say if you are well ventilated no need for co2, but then others swear by it. i have no frame of reference in the matter and am curious if others who have added it can compare before and after yields, and whether or not the quality or smokeability of the bud was affected.

if your getting lots of air flow then IMO there is no use. You set up a CO2 system in that type of environment and its just going to suck it all out. Plants run on CO2. if you had an environment with not much ventilation it would be a great option.

I honestly do not think its worth the time or money with air ventilation. I do not think it will help your plants much at all considering it will be sucked out.

PDC basically you shut down the extraction system for the time you run the Co2.

Increasing it to around 1600ppm would see outstanding results.

You can really ramp up the nutes and watch them go nuts.

smokingjoe said:
PDC basically you shut down the extraction system for the time you run the Co2.

Increasing it to around 1600ppm would see outstanding results.

You can really ramp up the nutes and watch them go nuts.

...from experience?...or just what you've read?..
co2 "can" definately be beneficial.."IF" all of yjr necessary conditions are met. But even then, I "doubt" the ability for it to increase the yield by 50%, and the question of economic feasabiliy comes in..IMO.
In order to reap the benefits to their potential, you need thermostaticly controled ventilation, ppm meters, regulators, timers, ect. AND an environment beneficial to the extra co2 absorption, mustt be maintained.

"IMHO".. if you have a well ventilated area co2 is not a cost effective alternative... :)

From experience although there wasn't a side by side comparison so it's impossible to say the yield was greatly increased; the speed of growth is definitely worthwhile if you have access to the equipment.

I wouldn't claim the 50% increase without measurement but it was certainly something I would do again.

TY 'joe.. "My" co2 augmentation ecperience is ALL second hand, as in "I watched from the sidelines".. the guys setup was a valid attempt to provide proper variables, but if and how well they were maintained, is questionable.
It just seemed like a lot more trouble than "I" could see being usefull, in "most" situations.

Latest posts

Back