CO2 which is Better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I am wondering which is the best way to go on making CO2 from home remedy. here a link to one that uses Vinegar, and baking soda.
hXXp://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/how-to-grow-weed-9.html[/URL]

I got this off of rollitup.com site and I copy it 2 days ago..

The recipe they give is:
1Qt. non chlorinated luke warm H2O
3 cups of sugar
3 tsp. or packet of yeast
mix ingredients in gallon jug
drill hole in lid of jug
screw lid on jug
insert straw or tubing into hole in lid so the end of the tube in the jug is 2 inches above solution, and seal penetration with tape
They say this will give your plants CO2 for three weeks. I am currently using and it is working. If you need more just make two or three jugs and spread them around your space. I only use one and have it behind my osc. fan. Hope this helps.

Any help which way to go.?

This is my advice, get this hxxp://hydroharrys.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/1228 with a few replacement tubes.

Take a measurement before and after using the homemade Co2.

If your PPM's of Co2 are under 1300 -1500 then your not doing much.

You could prove what one is better or if they work at all.

"IMO/E".. neither do diddly squat for "enhancing" growth. The ppms are insufficient AND "other parimeters" are necessary for proper co2 absorption.. including temperature control, thermostatic venting, sufficient lumens, ....

Unless you are meeting certain parameters with your CO2 setup, it will not benefit your grow. CO2 needs to be regulated and monitored--you need around 1500 ppms to do any real good. With this, you also need elevated temps in your tent. Your grow space must be air tight and you must coordinate the release of your CO2 with your exhaust.

Thanks Growdude I'll put that into my budget and see if this may help.

Thanks I am just experimenting with this, to see if my plants need more CO2 intake.
I'll buy one of those CO2 testers to test the air.
How high should the elevated temp should be.? I am already at 80-85 during the day and 70-80 at night with the temp..

well good people here is what I am doing, probally not right but.... i have a bottle of co2, but havent purchased the regulator or timer, so 3 times a day I turn off the exhaust fan, go in the room(which is not air tight but close) open the bottle slightly for 5 to 10 seconds,while holding the bottle above the plant canopy ( co2 is heavier than air) close the bottle,exit the room, go back in 30 minutes, turn the fans back on. is it possible that I am doing any good at all? it does make me feal like I am doing something good,I know Im wasting/not using effeciently the co2.Im impatient and dont have the bread right now for the regulator, timer,I thought about getting a canary, if it died I would know Im about to!

flutefixer said:
well good people here is what I am doing, probally not right but.... i have a bottle of co2, but havent purchased the regulator or timer, so 3 times a day I turn off the exhaust fan, go in the room(which is not air tight but close) open the bottle slightly for 5 to 10 seconds,while holding the bottle above the plant canopy ( co2 is heavier than air) close the bottle,exit the room, go back in 30 minutes, turn the fans back on. is it possible that I am doing any good at all? it does make me feal like I am doing something good,I know Im wasting/not using effeciently the co2.Im impatient and dont have the bread right now for the regulator, timer,I thought about getting a canary, if it died I would know Im about to!

HI,

imho if you are able to exhaust and exchange the air in the room there is already adequate fresh air and CO2 coming in to keep your plants happy. If you want to use CO2 effectively it's going to require some high tech gizmos. If you live in Cali I'd check out Craigslist or check local grow shops for used gear. Often they have used cylinders, regulators, monitors, etc that they are selling. I have a couple setups in a storage space and I wish I lived in Cali so I could get rid of a bunch of my old growing crap... lol...

You need to buy an adjustable regulator that has a flow rate meter with a built in solenoid switch that opens the CO2 flow when power is on and you use the regulator to set the CO2 flow rate. If the flow is set too high the cold CO2 gas can freeze up the regulator so lower, longer flow rates will avoid this. With a switchable regulator you can use math to figure out how long your release cycles at a set psi (pounds per square inch) rate of flow will elevate the CO2 levels to around 1500ppm in your space, measured in cubic feet. Ideally, this powered regulator gizmo plugs into a CO2 ppm analyzer/meter that takes all the calculations and work out of the process and it does a much better job at regulating CO2 than trying to time cycles yourself. The CO2 analyzer/meter acts like a settable "CO2 thermostat" and measures the amount of CO2 in ppm and turns on the powered outlet to release more CO2 when the levels fall below a set threshold... usually around 1500ppm. To control your exhaust cycles and use the CO2 efficiently, the CO2 ppm meter/regulator plugs into an 'atmospheric controller' that has a thermostat and humidistat. You set the knobs for the exhaust to kick in when the temp or humidity exceeds your desired setting on the controller. Many controllers also have a built in photocell so that CO2 isn't released at night when the elevated levels are unnecessary. imho using CO2 requires using HID lighting, elevated temps, and precise monitoring to make a consistent difference in your grow room. It can be used with success in a tight, hopefully sealed grow space and a 20 lb. tank can last quite a while in grow rooms with small dimensions before it needs to be filled.

Good Luck!:cool:

CT-DH-3P.jpg

Gren-Air-SPC-1.jpg

BCDE-1.jpg

I understand people wanting to experiment. However, it has pretty much been proven that attempting to enhance CO2 with any kind of unregulated system is a waste of time, money, and energy. If you really want to experiment, do something that will actually enhance your grow (like more light) rather than throwing your money away on something that has been proven to not work.

thank you olsouth, my first hydro grow is 3 weeks into flowering, after they are done depending on how they come out I will be a bit more inclined to spend the $ on the entire Co2 set up,

Hemp goddess, I appreciate your candor!

flutefixer said:
thank you olsouth, my first hydro grow is 3 weeks into flowering, after they are done depending on how they come out I will be a bit more inclined to spend the $ on the entire Co2 set up,

Hemp goddess, I appreciate your candor!

LOL--I'm an old lady. I have learned that there is really no reason to beat around the bush--you might as well call a spade a spade.:D

I know this thread is on co2 but I thought I would let ya know hemp goddess that I added a 400 watt light to the room,now I have 1400 on 20 plants in a 3x6 E&F,thanks for the suggestion

Well CO2 doesn't sounds like what I need play with as Hemp Goddess explain, I got enough fresh air coming in through the water cooler all day and night.
Oh well on the CO2 set up...

Latest posts

Back