Colorado And Washington State Have Voted To Legalize Marijuana For Recreational Use!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all for Federal descheduling, but that is not what happened. IMHO, folks jumped on a poorly written bandwagon, that will in fact jail people for DUI's at the drop of a hat.
Now, mind you, I have just been reading about Washingtons I502, no CO, as Washington is closer to my heart.

As far as Hemp production, good luck with that. The % THC allowed by the law will make it next to impossible to produce hemp with that level of THC.

The taxing and regulating part looks pretty good. The only issue is the Law still has MJ as a schedule 1 drug at State level.

I am glad that it passed. It will force the hand of the Federal goverment, and I am more happy that it didn't happen in my State.

I would love to hear what Chef has to say about it.

The people have spoken. I don't have a clue how it will affect commercial growers or if the price of weed will go up or down. I do know that it is a step in the right direction. Hal is right about the DUI thing. We all drive stoned almost every day, and that is going to become dangerous as Hell. It is, however, no more a band wagon than the MMJ laws which are already in effect. At least it is honest and not hiding behind the guise of medical use only. I like it. I think it is exciting. At least it makes a statement to the Feds that the majority of people want the laws changed, and in the long run it may even get some very nice people out of prison, as well as keeping some out of prison. I'm wondering if personal grows are addressed? Is there any stipulation for those of us who just want to grow a little crop for personal consumption?

Peace

HemperFi said:
The people have spoken. I don't have a clue how it will affect commercial growers or if the price of weed will go up or down. I do know that it is a step in the right direction. Hal is right about the DUI thing. We all drive stoned almost every day, and that is going to become dangerous as Hell. It is, however, no more a band wagon than the MMJ laws which are already in effect. At least it is honest and not hiding behind the guise of medical use only. I like it. I think it is exciting. At least it makes a statement to the Feds that the majority of people want the laws changed, and in the long run it may even get some very nice people out of prison, as well as keeping some out of prison. I'm wondering if personal grows are addressed? Is there any stipulation for those of us who just want to grow a little crop for personal consumption?

Peace

no personal grow. thats why it has to work commercially or everybody is still illegal except medical.

and only 100 licensed growers....ouch. whatever tho if they tax the crap out of it and make the prices skyrocket, a lot more will get imported there from oregon, maybe even make our prices go up lol. imports wont get taxed but can easily fit into their overly flawed proposed system.
all we can do is ride it out, expect things to get worse before they get better.
:peace:

Oh my neck won't be stuck out as a leading the way grower. Too much for me to risk, asset wise. We rarely head into the big city. I throw BbQ's and have the entire local police force and some state patrol come in to eat daily at the restaurant. So I am not too worried about getting pulled over. But simply put, about the whole driving thing. Don't be stupid, follow the speed limit, make sure all your lights are in working order, have insurance, basically just follow the law and don't trip. I have not been pulled over in like 9 years.

Yeah..Ill be layN low for the first year or so..collecting info as Ive been...

Looks to me like we're heading down the home stretch, word is getting out about jury nulification which will limit what the feds can actually do. It's just a matter of time before they get tired of watching thier cases walk out of the courtroom, imo.

I saw that nullification on the E coast. That is extremely rare. And yes, it won't affect current cardholders.

but wont the electric and the nutes , etc. be Tax deductable ? **** even empoyee wages if you got a big crop. sure their would be a good margins still in relation to the lessening of risk. Tabacco in the UK has a far higher tax rate...

This is a great step forward.But the fight is just getting started!!

epicstuff said:
but wont the electric and the nutes , etc. be Tax deductable ? **** even empoyee wages if you got a big crop. sure their would be a good margins still in relation to the lessening of risk. Tabacco in the UK has a far higher tax rate...

unless the irs says no. in our tax code their are specific laws about not letting drug dealers claim expenses.

and people forget about everything else required to run a business, office supplies, safety gear.

I would bet they will make it too expensive. A grow is gonna have to be built like a chem lab. eye wash station and stuff. they will probly call nute solution "industrial waste" and very spendy to get rid of. my analogy is an auto shop. easy to work on cars at home, but to open a shop requires thousands in just safety gear and disposing of waste.

With only 100 growers in the state i cant see how you would produce enough to be profitable, unless you can grow thousands of plants, but the feds wont let that fly.

The black market will still rule, cops will still bust, peeps still go to jail, the system keeps on turning.

niteshft said:
Looks to me like we're heading down the home stretch, word is getting out about jury nulification which will limit what the feds can actually do. It's just a matter of time before they get tired of watching thier cases walk out of the courtroom, imo.

no comprende jury nullification---if the fed is involved with prosecution will they not be in federal court where no cases will be walking out the door

I'll bet the big tobacco companys are just itchin to take control of this new industry, they have the money and the connections and are probably just waiting for the legal hurdles to be cleared with the feds.

SmokinMom said:
I wanna move. Texas bites.

It sucks dont it SM. Texas bites because its full of a bunch of Old *** Religious Rednecks who will never allow weed to become legal in Texas. I know,,Ive been here almost my whole life. Hell,,I was a Religious Redneck untill I hit my 30s.:rolleyes: Finaly woke up and chunked my Bible in the trash.:D

orangesunshine said:
no comprende jury nullification---if the fed is involved with prosecution will they not be in federal court where no cases will be walking out the door

You can learn more about jury nullification here. It's something everyone should know because judges rarely instruct jurers about the option other than guilty or not guilty. Basicly, you can believe the person broke a law but not believe they should be punished for it. If the jury votes for nullification, case over and they walk out.

hxxp://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/jury+nullification

Latest posts

Back