combo meters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
Having trouble deciding on a combo meter.

I like the bluelab combo meter-- 190.00

I like the hanna 9183-6n-- 189.00

I just saw the Milwaukee mw802-- 135.00

Went to the local store and was told Hanna are now crap items. They did not have the blue lab combo in. was told end of week. been two weeks now. glad I waited instead of paying 250 I can get it 190.00.

Read a bunch of old reviews on the Milwaukee mw802 most were saying its cheap.

Just cannot make a decision. the bluelab does have a 5 year warranty but the ph probe only 6 months...

Anyone with experience using them chime in please? thanks

Bluelab all the way, hands down, no question...

...for me. (and many others, but speaking for me :D )

The store you went to didn't steer you wrong! Hanna has gone down hill as of recently. (pretty much when I started they were already crap)

I have a cheap Hanna and I had to calibrate it every single day, and could never trust it.
I've had my Bluelabs for over a year and barely "need" to calibrate it, but I generally do it once a month anyways. I went to do it this month, and test solutions 4.0 and 7.0 were hitting spot on! No need to calibrate this month, woohoo! :D

I only got the pen, as I had a Primo PPM meter already. I would like to get the guardian from Bluelabs!! *drools*

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-pH-Pen-Measuring-Temperature/dp/B005POOJHG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1427543055&sr=8-6&keywords=bluelabs+ph[/ame]
515d8LzX5xL._SL1500_.jpg

*Random note*

I prefer to read and speak PPM's over EC. Read that it's a personal preference, but PPM's are a bit more precise. I dunno, hah :D

Latest posts

Back