Common bugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Manny Bowles

high on my own supply
Reaction score
I've just noticed some bugs on my mamas and vegging clones:( I'm not quite sure what they are but I've been comparing them to pictures and I'm fairly sure they arent mites or aphids. They also don't look like the whiteflies that I've seen pics of.
So far I've removed and destroyed one mama and sprayed the rest of them with a 50/50 mix of 91% isopropyl alcohol and water 3 times.
Can anybody here point me in the direction of some pictures/info on bugs that are commonly found on cannabis? I've tried google but am having a hard time narrowing down my search. Any suggestions?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm not going to be able to get pics of these things, I can barely see them with my 60x microscope. To the naked eye they look like very tiny dust particles that move.
Thanks for the list canibinol:bong1:

They kind of look like pupae of some sort, maybe waiting to turn into white flies? They look like little worms with very small legs- maybe 6 or so, black or very dark red eyes, and small antennae on their heads. The small ones are almost clear and the bigger ones are a little more amber in color and their legs are longer and look like they might be getting wings forming. Its hard to tell through the microscope...

The alcohol does seem to kill the ones I tested it on so I'm gonna do a major spray down tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.

hxxp://www.ladybugindoorgardens.com/pests.html
hxxp://www.living-learning.com/faq/killbugs.htm
hxxp://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/indoor-garden-pests.html#fungusgnats
hxxp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/index.html

Well, it appears to be thrips...

Thanks very much for the links Hick, very useful stuff.

I'm gonna do a major spray-down here in a few minutes, followed by some other stuff I'm sure. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back