Computer people HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
Haha Im so stupid, (EDIT)*LAST WEEK* I was cleaning out my recycle bin on my computer/Desktop and by accident I deleted it....:eek:
I checked every where for it and can't find it, Is there some way to bring it back?
Dro:cool2:

1. Right-click an empty area of your desktop
2. Select Properties
3. Click the Desktop tab
4. Click the Customize button
5. Click Restore Default
6. Exit all windows and restart your computer

or

Go to Start>> Run. Type in: regedit [Enter]

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

Hold the mouse on NameSpace and right-click once. From the resulting menu, select Edit>> New>> Key

Copy and Paste the following Key code (including the brackets):

{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

Press Enter on your keyboard, exit the registry editor and restart your system.

Hmmm....Both didnt work.
The first one...
You told me to right click an select properties, There's no properties?(only ANT CATALYST (R) Control Center, view, sort by, refresh, new & personalize)
Second one...
When I click in "Key" it says "Cannot create key: Error writing to registry.
BTW if it matters I have windows vista?
*O yea lol I deleted it last week not today sorry for the stupid writing error on my first post*

System restore will only affect installed programs. It will not bring back personal documents deleted.

When you delete something from your hard drive, it is not deleted. The space is just marked as empty so as it can be overwritten.

There are "undelete" programs out there, but by installing one you run the risk of overwriting the data you deleted.

Best thing to do IMHO, remove the drive and attach it to another pc. Run Easy Recovery Professional, and that will get your info back.

Oh, DO NOT DEFRAGMENT your hard disc. This will rearrange the data on your hard disc, and your info will be gone forever.

Best of luck !

Just if you guys might not know Im talking about the actual recycle bin that I deleted? (THE BIN ITSELF)

you should be able to create another icon for that by going in through the program files. and a system restore may bring it back if you go to a restore point before you deleted it.

edit: :yeahthat: what RBH said too will do the trick.

Ok thanks RH & Dubz I'll have to look in to that!!!
FB what do you mean OS?

In Windows XP you cant delete the recycle bin, perhaps you cant find the icon. You may need to resize the desktop to fnd it.

Growdude said:
In Windows XP you cant delete the recycle bin, perhaps you cant find the icon. You may need to resize the desktop to fnd it.

He's running vista

Latest posts

Back