considering led grow lights. anyone care to lend me your experience/opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys ,the title pretty much says it all. I am considering growing with led lights instead of hid or flouro's. Unfortunately i am not savy with Led lights, so i could most definitively use some experienced info. To start out i would like to get an led light to veg a 30 sq. ft. room(5'x6') supplementing no less than the recommended 3k lumens per sq. ft. with the most beneficial (blue i believe) spectrum. i did some quick looking around and know im in for some learning when it comes to these kinds of lights, so here i am, lend me your expertise! And with that ill open it up for discussion. Cheers! and thanks in advance!

My opinion would be we will all use LED's eventually, but just not yet, they aren't quite ready imo.

but one day all our heat issues will go away.

My advise is to not waste you money lol

Spend it on a 400w MH or a CCFL.:)

If you really have a lot of money that you just have to spend on something that you don't really need and will need to go waaay overboard to get it to work properly, then you can use LEDs for vegging in that sized area. You will have to spend about 3 grand to set it up properly to get the coverage and growth energy needed to grow healthy plants. I would just spend a few hundred dollars on some nice T5HO fixtures as they work great for vegging. :)

dman1234 said:
My opinion would be we will all use LED's eventually, but just not yet, they aren't quite ready imo.

but one day all our heat issues will go away.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true :D

Latest posts

Back