Continuing to vegitate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
the plant that i have is only about 2 feet give or take. i got it as a clone and have had it for 3 months. the first month it was under 600watt light and the rest in the window. is there a limit on how long to veg? or keep growing it until flowering? or can you just veg for as long as you want then flower?

jeffca said:
the plant that i have is only about 2 feet give or take. i got it as a clone and have had it for 3 months. the first month it was under 600watt light and the rest in the window. is there a limit on how long to veg? or keep growing it until flowering? or can you just veg for as long as you want then flower?

It will increase 2x to 3x its size from when it started flowering depending on the strain, so if you are doing indoor and vertical space is a limitation, keep this in mind. Other than that, you can veg as long as you want. A lot of people keep mother plants for years in veg. You may want to consider it if you want a steady harvest, you can clone the one you have now, let the clones veg and flower them. Keep the one you have now as a mother and start new clones every time you put mature clones into flower. By the time the clones have flowered, your new ones are ready to go in, then you start more clones. Repeat over and over and over and over :)

thanks but the plant is in the window soaking up the sun. and it's been there for 3 months my question is how long can a plant go from being a clone until it has to flower, or can you just vegitate indefinately?

jeffca said:
thanks but the plant is in the window soaking up the sun. and it's been there for 3 months my question is how long can a plant go from being a clone until it has to flower, or can you just vegitate indefinately?

Yes you can..some people keep mother plants in a vegetative state for years. However, unless it was a mother, why would you not flower it?

Flowering is triggered by a 12/12 light schedule unless it is a ruderalis strain.

jeffca said:

Let me try again :)

THCPezDispenser said:
Other than that, you can veg as long as you want. A lot of people keep mother plants for years in veg.

Latest posts

Back