Cops raid gran's allotment after mistaking parsnips for cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Drugs police raided a pensioner's plot after her parsnips were mistaken for cannabis.

Officers searched Wilma Watts' polytunnel following a tip-off that she was growing drugs.

But they were left red-faced when all they found was vegetables.

Community council secretary Wilma, 61, said: "They sent two policemen and when they said it was about the polytunnel, I thought, 'Oh, the community police are going to have a polytunnel'.

"But then they said, 'It's not about your polytunnel, it's about what you are growing in it.'

"They said they were acting on information but that they couldn't reveal where they heard it.

"One of them said they were sorry about having to disturb me but it has caused a real good laugh."

Wilma's polytunnel is packed with carrots, beans, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, parsnips and sweetcorn.

She said she thought someone must have mistaken her sweetcorn plants for drugs.

Wilma, of Tarbert, Loch Fyne, added: "The sweetcorn is enormous and I suppose, from a distance, people could look and speculate about what it is because it is strange looking.

"I have never smoked, I have never done drugs, I have never tasted marijuana.

"I don't even know what marijuana looks like."

Wilma's story emerged days after the Record revealed how officers broke down a great-gran's front door in Peebles during a bungled drug raid.

Yesterday, Strathclyde Police said they had a duty to investigate any reports made to them.

A spokeswoman said Operation League 2 is targeting those involved in the cultivation of cannabis.

Since September, police have discovered 40,828 cannabis plants around the country, with an estimated value of £12.4million.

hxxp://shuurl.com/L6438

I guess one way to make the witch hunt for cannabis look even more retarded is to give false tips to the police so they raid a bunch of old ladies corn stalks. Raiding some one over plants just seems so f**king retarded.

they must have been high....lmao mistaking corn for weed good god.

Hello? Officer, this is Helen Waite. I am looking out my window at the police station's back yard and I see marijuana plants growing inside the fence. Can you check it out, please? LMAO

Barbapopa said:
I guess one way to make the witch hunt for cannabis look even more retarded is to give false tips to the police so they raid a bunch of old ladies corn stalks. Raiding some one over plants just seems so f**king retarded.

Funny, ive often thought of tipping off the cops to get raided on purpose, however, in my tents i would have tomatoes and such, they probably would never come close to me again after suffering that kind of embarrassment, i would potentially be untouchable as no judge would suffer the same embarrassment twice;)

Latest posts

Back