Public service announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
My wife’s closest friend committed suicide a couple of days ago. I disliked the woman when she was alive. I’d say now, I hate her for what she has done to my wife and others that loved her. She claimed to be a medium but couldn’t ‘see’ how abrasive she was to others. Every so often, she would be mean and say awful things to my wife but my wife would always forgive her and chalk it up to her mental illness and her upbringing. She lost job after job but my wife always had her back even though she would admit to me that her problems with work were always of her own doing. When my wife lost her job due to refusal of the jab mandate, her ‘friend’ didn’t have her back. She told her she deserved it. People commit suicide when they lose their careers but this ‘medium’ couldn’t even see the hurt that it caused my wife, her closest friend. Things came to a head when my wife got her job back and her ‘friend’ didn’t even congratulate her or tell her she had been right to stand by her convictions. My wife went off on her and said some mean things to this woman. The woman showed up at a gathering my wife was at the same day and sat alone in a booth crying. My wife was still ticked off and wanted to enjoy the gathering so she ignored the obvious ‘poor me’ activity of her friend. The next day, the woman disappeared. She turned off her phone and left her home and stayed incognito for days and days. My wife was devastated since she thought she may have committed suicide and that her last interactions with her ‘friend’ were nasty. My reaction was to be really angry with her ‘friend’. I felt she was trying to punish my wife for returning the poor treatment that she had periodically received from her ‘friend’. My wife, a very kind and forgiving person, blamed herself and sent text after text apologizing and asking her to call in the hopes that she would turn her phone on. She worked with the local police and the woman’s other friends and family to try to locate her. Nothing. Radio silence. A week after the woman disappeared, her phone was turned back on and the police located her but too late. She had committed suicide a few hours earlier in a parking lot outside of town. She did not reach out to friends or family. She just ended it. Now my wife is really devastated and feels responsible no matter how I try to convince her otherwise. I am seething with hatred but can’t say that to my wife as I need to be strong and help her grieve. My public service announcement is this: if you are ever depressed, think about the people you will hurt forever by the selfish act of committing suicide. It will be a final act that can never be made right with the people who love you. It is permanent. It is evil.

Karma is a b.itch.
I hate the way ppl sometimes act like some ass.hole that died wasn't an ass.hole out of respect for the dead. To me they are just dead ass.holes.
Sorry your Wife is taking it so hard brother. That woman didnt deserve your Wife's friendship.

My wife’s closest friend committed suicide a couple of days ago. I disliked the woman when she was alive. I’d say now, I hate her for what she has done to my wife and others that loved her. She claimed to be a medium but couldn’t ‘see’ how abrasive she was to others. Every so often, she would be mean and say awful things to my wife but my wife would always forgive her and chalk it up to her mental illness and her upbringing. She lost job after job but my wife always had her back even though she would admit to me that her problems with work were always of her own doing. When my wife lost her job due to refusal of the jab mandate, her ‘friend’ didn’t have her back. She told her she deserved it. People commit suicide when they lose their careers but this ‘medium’ couldn’t even see the hurt that it caused my wife, her closest friend. Things came to a head when my wife got her job back and her ‘friend’ didn’t even congratulate her or tell her she had been right to stand by her convictions. My wife went off on her and said some mean things to this woman. The woman showed up at a gathering my wife was at the same day and sat alone in a booth crying. My wife was still ticked off and wanted to enjoy the gathering so she ignored the obvious ‘poor me’ activity of her friend. The next day, the woman disappeared. She turned off her phone and left her home and stayed incognito for days and days. My wife was devastated since she thought she may have committed suicide and that her last interactions with her ‘friend’ were nasty. My reaction was to be really angry with her ‘friend’. I felt she was trying to punish my wife for returning the poor treatment that she had periodically received from her ‘friend’. My wife, a very kind and forgiving person, blamed herself and sent text after text apologizing and asking her to call in the hopes that she would turn her phone on. She worked with the local police and the woman’s other friends and family to try to locate her. Nothing. Radio silence. A week after the woman disappeared, her phone was turned back on and the police located her but too late. She had committed suicide a few hours earlier in a parking lot outside of town. She did not reach out to friends or family. She just ended it. Now my wife is really devastated and feels responsible no matter how I try to convince her otherwise. I am seething with hatred but can’t say that to my wife as I need to be strong and help her grieve. My public service announcement is this: if you are ever depressed, think about the people you will hurt forever by the selfish act of committing suicide. It will be a final act that can never be made right with the people who love you. It is permanent. It is evil.
I’m so sorry your wife is taking it so hard. That woman sounded like a taker and took advantage of your wife’s kindness. 🥰

My heart goes out to your wife. Sounds like the world is better off without her user friend, though.
Be a good listener and bite your tongue until she gets over it.
I’m so sorry your wife is taking it so hard. That woman sounded like a taker and took advantage of your wife’s kindness. 🥰

Thanks both of you. I am a good listener otherwise I would not have been married to her for 30+ years. My story is my story but my message about suicide is important. It doesn’t hurt the dead as much as it does those who are left…

Karma is a b.itch.
I hate the way ppl sometimes act like some ass.hole that died wasn't an ass.hole out of respect for the dead. To me they are just dead ass.holes.
Sorry your Wife is taking it so hard brother. That woman didnt deserve your Wife's friendship.
Thanks Hopper. I needed to vent about that woman and I can’t do that with my wife.

Thanks both of you. I am a good listener otherwise I would not have been married to her for 30+ years. My story is my story but my message about suicide is important. It doesn’t hurt the dead as much as it does those who are left…

I agree Old Fogey! Great point.

So sorry to hear about what you and your wife are going through. Just remember that people who commit suicide aren’t often thinking logically at all and are simply trying to stop their pain. To think that they have the mental capability to consider the repercussions of their actions might be overestimating their mental strength. Again, sorry to hear how this has impacted your family. A sad story indeed….

My experiences with mentally ill people make me think there is an internal process going on that is far stronger than any external influences. She was going to do what she did at some point no mater what. Only force or medication could have stopped it, and even that's not a certainty.

My experiences with mentally ill people make me think there is an internal process going on that is far stronger than any external influences. She was going to do what she did at some point no mater what. Only force or medication could have stopped it, and even that's not a certainty.
She was on a bunch of meds. She used them to end it from what I understand. I have no sympathy for those that put themselves above all others even their loved ones and friends. If more people considered how their actions affected others, the world would be a better place(no, I haven’t been drinking)…

Thank you for sharing.
Please thank your wife for standing up for herself, our elderly, our children and the disabled in our world by refusing to be an experiment with a gene editing bioweapon. Please tell her she has no reason to carry any guilt, she did nothing wrong but try to be a friend.
God bless your wife.

Attachments

• 90e08f444b711d40.jpeg
    90e08f444b711d40.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0
Grab your wife, hold her and tell her you love her, tell her it is not her fault. Just be there for her and never tell her the way your feel about her friend, she may take it the wrong way and get mad at you, sides the user is gone. When people have friends like that they don't need no enemies. Hope she heels well.

Grab your wife, hold her and tell her you love her, tell her it is not her fault. Just be there for her and never tell her the way your feel about her friend, she may take it the wrong way and get mad at you, sides the user is gone. When people have friends like that they don't need no enemies. Hope she heels well.
Thanks. I am trying to take the high road with her and am doing as you said. I just needed to vent and posting here means it won’t get back to my wife…

Latest posts

Back