Could I get a few suggestions ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
This is my one seed offspring. Started life solid out of the gate until I managed to learn the finer art of putting it in nitrogen limbo. I think it's Gorilla Glue. It is 6 weeks old. I have balanced the soil to a reasonable degree. I mist twice a day with wurm turdz and bat scat tea... something the University of Michigan developed. The food is Florinova liquid 7-4-10. Every third watering. All water is ph'ed between 6.3 and 6.8. Only two leaves were ever trimmed and they were the first two. Nitrogen got 'em. Everything else seems healthy enough about it now.

It is giving no recognizable signs of sex yet. ( I know about cloning for that, but holding off until I know more... ) I wonder about any of the leaves needing removed that might be redirecting some energy and in general, I was just hoping for a few "lemme look and tell you what I'd do with that" from anyone who has an opinion about it. I hope it'll be a she, but it's more of a practice piece to keep from screwing up future.

Thanks...

Thanks...
Jan 14 19.JPG
Jan 14 19a.JPG

Pete -- Is it under 12/12 light yet ?-- After U turn the lights to 12/12 it should show sex in a couple weeks -- Looks OK to me !--

Pete -- Is it under 12/12 light yet ?-- After U turn the lights to 12/12 it should show sex in a couple weeks -- Looks OK to me !--

Still 18/6. If I change the lighting now and discover it is female, am I obligated to keep the bloom going or what determines how to proceed? For instance, forcing the bloom can be reversed for more growth? Does that affect total bud volumes? These are my little hiccups I have trouble understanding. Probably should have taken a physics course or something.....

Once the flowering process begins, reversing can take several weeks back at 18/6. This is 1 of the reasons you take a cut and flower it. I would not start trimming until it is ready for transplanting. My plants are 2ft when I start flowering and finish 4 to 6 ft. Everybody has different goals.

Once the flowering process begins, reversing can take several weeks back at 18/6. This is 1 of the reasons you take a cut and flower it. I would not start trimming until it is ready for transplanting. My plants are 2ft when I start flowering and finish 4 to 6 ft. Everybody has different goals.

Ok, so in your experience with pros and cons.... I get it about the personal preferences, but honestly, I'm actually trying to establish my goals and they're simple enough, just keep a steady flow of quality. I would like to average maybe a pound a year. We can grow 12 plants at any given time so I'll keep as many going as it takes to do that.... Having said all that, and knowing the background of it, go out on a limb and recommend what you would do with mine at this moment and next.

Umbra is right -- It depends on what your plan is -- As a cloner I would pinch the top out to make it bush more -- A week or 2 later I would put it in 12/12 to sex it -- To me the seed plant is almost sacrificial -- I don't want to waste my time on a male any longer than I have to -- If I flipped something about that size to bloom and it was a girl -- I would chop it to pieces and root them -I get 4-6 cuttings - I usually let a ragged piece of the seed plant finish -- Tells me how much it will stretch in bloom -- About how long it will take to finish and a sample taste of what it has to offer ---- I got a piece in veg rooting I can run as much as I want for as long as I want -
Starting over like I'll be doing -- I'll start 4-6 seed from each variety -- that'll usually get me a girl -- Only thing is every girl in a variety may not be like the others -- So I might go thru a couple girls to find the one I think best represents the variety -- So one my 1st jobs at the new grow will be to recreate my Harem -- Thin what I got down to maybe the 6 best plants -- U got to have a trick -- color taste --Some kind of hook like mystery terps -- What is that flavor ?-- Take another toke and I got ya !

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete when it comes to legal plant count I choose to believe that it is more of a suggestion that they don't find but that many ?-- There's several different type of a continuous grow -- You'll have to find what suits U best - It may be buying feminized seed and growing them in one grow area from seed to harvest that works for U -- There's are many paths to the Dank !--
U should probably do some reading and learn some weed terms like
SOG -- SCROG -- LST -- U know anything about extracts ?-- RSO - Hash- Shatter -- Wax --A Rosen Press ? -- stuff like that ?-- All that info lives up in here !

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take a cut and sex it. If it is male throw it away and start again. If it is female I would veg for 3 more weeks and transplant. Veg for another week and flip it to 12/12.

Umbra is right -- It depends on what your plan is -- As a cloner I would pinch the top out to make it bush more -- A week or 2 later I would put it in 12/12 to sex it -- To me the seed plant is almost sacrificial -- I don't want to waste my time on a male any longer than I have to -- If I flipped something about that size to bloom and it was a girl -- I would chop it to pieces and root them -I get 4-6 cuttings - I usually let a ragged piece of the seed plant finish -- Tells me how much it will stretch in bloom -- About how long it will take to finish and a sample taste of what it has to offer ---- I got a piece in veg rooting I can run as much as I want for as long as I want -
Starting over like I'll be doing -- I'll start 4-6 seed from each variety -- that'll usually get me a girl -- Only thing is every girl in a variety may not be like the others -- So I might go thru a couple girls to find the one I think best represents the variety -- So one my 1st jobs at the new grow will be to recreate my Harem -- Thin what I got down to maybe the 6 best plants -- U got to have a trick -- color taste --Some kind of hook like mystery terps -- What is that flavor ?-- Take another toke and I got ya !
You have an amazing creative mind, bud. If you're not a millionaire by now, you should be. I make lots of notes for trying new things. I shall attribute any results from your suggestions to you..

I would take a cut and sex it. If it is male throw it away and start again. If it is female I would veg for 3 more weeks and transplant. Veg for another week and flip it to 12/12.

I'm gonna do that. I will let you know what I discover. Thanks for taking time, bro.

Latest posts

Back