crap.. broken timer, what next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowgrow

Reaction score
Ok so I have 4 plants, they are almost 5 weeks into flowering. I have my timer set so the lights are on from 6pm-6am, well the timer didn't go off this morning so they have been on for almost 27 hours straight. I already unplugged the lights.. so am i screwed? Should i just wait 12 hours and adjust the light schedule accordingly? Shitty situation for sure... :doh:

You should be okay. Screwing up once seldom has any dire effects. Go with an extra long dark period if you need to and adjust the light schdule accordlingly.

thats ok you can wait till 6pm again and restart the schedule or you can do as you said but maybe givin them a prolonged dark period might help keepin them in flowering so restart at6pm.. theres a method of photoperiod manipulation where you can flower your plants under 21hours and 36mins of light then 12hours of darkness for 2 weeks to improve yields. i'd bet that a single 27hour light period would do no real harm to your plants. get the timers used for water heaters they last for ages theyr so tiny as big as a breaker they fit in a box of breakers and theyr cheap

Thanks for the quick response. Im going to keep them in the dark for the night and plug them in tomorrow at 6pm to start the 6-6 12/12 schedule again.. with a new timer hah; so they will have had about 22 hours of darkness. Hopefully they dont hermie on me, they are looking too dank to lose!

zem said:
thats ok you can wait till 6pm again and restart the schedule or you can do as you said but maybe givin them a prolonged dark period might help keepin them in flowering so restart at6pm.. theres a method of photoperiod manipulation where you can flower your plants under 21hours and 36mins of light then 12hours of darkness for 2 weeks to improve yields. i'd bet that a single 27hour light period would do no real harm to your plants. get the timers used for water heaters they last for ages theyr so tiny as big as a breaker they fit in a box of breakers and theyr cheap

Are you kidding me??? Is this some kind of joke? is someone just messing with me...or what? This is like the 4th or 5th bad post, bogus info...or just plain ** that I have seen tonight from this guy...don't believe a word this jguy says...he is either a kid playing around, or a complete moron. Listen to Hemp Goddess ...not this zem:confused:

legalize_freedom said:
Are you kidding me??? Is this some kind of joke? is someone just messing with me...or what? This is like the 4th or 5th bad post, bogus info...or just plain ** that I have seen tonight from this guy...don't believe a word this jergoff says...he is either a kid playing around, or a complete moron. Listen to Hemp Goddess ...not this zem:confused:
! havent you read about photoperiod manipulation? there ya go>>> hXXp://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/27.htm EDIT

zem said:

21 hours 36 minutes? Not 37 minutes? What bothers me is that I really think you believe the crap you post? Mom and Dad need to monitor your 'net useage.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes we have read about it, we just don't believe it.
why don't you try it? i did try it once ran it for 20hourslight/12 dark and guess what, it worked wether you believe it or not. i've been growin for years i know wat i'm sayin dont listen to "legalize freedom" user he's been tryin to discredit me ever since i signed up, cheers

ASEgrower said:
21 hours 36 minutes? Not 37 minutes? What bothers me is that I really think you believe the crap you post? Mom and Dad need to monitor your 'net useage.
listen to you, tREMOVED. did you read the link? it's the old OG faq, the one and only, i'm not makin things up. i don't think 21 hrs 36 mins is 100% accurate it can be more or less but the whole process has merit. go learn some new stuff i might be helpful

zem said:
listen to you, they manipulate you into talkin bullshit. did you read the link? it's the old OG faq, the one and only, i'm not makin things up. i don't think 21 hrs 36 mins is 100% accurate it can be more or less but the whole process has merit. go learn some new stuff i might be helpful

Sorry, pal, I dont get manipulated into anything. I dont spout off about all my experience or lack of on the internet, cause guess what? Nobody cares. This is, after all, just the internet. Everyone is a comedian, scientist, expert, botanist, mechanic, and just general all around perfect human being. Your attitude is what made me decide to post. That and your basic assumption of overall knowledge, despite the fact that other people have hands on experience and know how to show otherwise.

How about you just make us all shut up, and start a grow journal with your hydro stuff @ 6.3ph and run your light schedules the way you want and show us all we are wrong. I am sure that if you did this no one would call you out on your Bullshit.

Listen the only reason I have ever discredited anyone on this site, is when they are giving out BAD info...if you made any sense ZEM I would either agree with you, or not comment, but I'm not going to sit here and let BAD, Worthless posts go by unchecked...I don't want some new guy screwing up their grow because they listened to your nonsense. If you call me correcting terrible advice rude...so be it

legalize_freedom said:
Listen the only reason I have ever discredited anyone on this site, is when they are giving out BAD info...if you made any sense ZEM I would either agree with you, or not comment, but I'm not going to sit here and let BAD, Worthless posts go by unchecked...I don't want some new guy screwing up their grow because they listened to your nonsense. If you call me correcting terrible advice rude...so be it
ok then i think it's fine with me. none of my advice would screw a grow. tell me one single advice i gave that would cause someone to screw up his grow? i told the guy to keep em in the dark till 6pm and restrt his cycle just what hemp goddess said and told him about the photoperiod manipulation technique and you got all angry at me maybe cuz i taught you something new :hubba:

zem said:
ok then i think it's fine with me. none of my advice would screw a grow. tell me one single advice i gave that would cause someone to screw up his grow? i told the guy to keep em in the dark till 6pm and restrt his cycle just what hemp goddess said and told him about the photoperiod manipulation technique and you got all angry at me maybe cuz i taught you something new :hubba:

1. run your hydro ph 6.3
2. use miracle grow
3. run a 21hr 36min light cycle during flowering

How about three single "advices"?I could probably go and look up the rest of your posts, but thats too time consuming.

ASEgrower said:
1. run your hydro ph 6.3
2. use miracle grow
3. run a 21hr 36min light cycle during flowering

How about three single "advices"?I could probably go and look up the rest of your posts, but thats too time consuming.
man these dont screw up grows. if you move you ph down your plants suck nutes faster thats a fact, you should deal with it accordingly. if you lower the light intensity you might wana raise you ph a bit to slow thing down. miracle grow is not a bad fert everyone uses it around you just go and look in gardens it's everywhere cuz it works. it maybe not the best i dunno but it surely dont screw up a grow. and the 21hr 36min/12 cycle is common knowledge to most knowledgable growers. thats why they joke that marijuana is an alien from a different planet with longer days. i gave you the link it's the old OG faq if you're no newb you must know OG faq. try and learn and question things before you judge people just cuz they know somethin you don't...

zem said:
man these dont screw up grows. if you move you ph down your plants suck nutes faster thats a fact, you should deal with it accordingly. if you lower the light intensity you might wana raise you ph a bit to slow thing down. miracle grow is not a bad fert everyone uses it around you just go and look in gardens it's everywhere cuz it works. it maybe not the best i dunno but it surely dont screw up a grow. and the 21hr 36min/12 cycle is common knowledge to most knowledgable growers. thats why they joke that marijuana is an alien from a different planet with longer days. i gave you the link it's the old OG faq if you're no newb you must know OG faq. try and learn and question things before you judge people just cuz they know somethin you don't...

Most of our members here were growing pot while you were still poopin' yer diaper.
I myself have been growing for in excess of 25 years, I cut my teeth at OG and CW.
I can attest to it NOT being "common knowledge" OR it being a conventional or commonly used tactic, this "photoperiod manipulation" that you seem so intent on. IN fact, "I" have NEVER heard such rediculous claims.
Raising your ph if youlower your light intensity???.. another very 'questionable' tactic at best.
It doesn't even make good sense "IMO".. raising the ph to "lock out/deprive" the plant of nutrients?? because you aren't supplying sufficient lighting, sure sounds counter productive to me.
MG products are absolutely te bottom of the barrel as far as plant products are concerned. There's good reason that they are readily available, at the cheapest prices, in virtually ANY discount store.

Hick said:
Most of our members here were growing pot while you were still poopin' yer diaper.
I myself have been growing for in excess of 25 years, I cut my teeth at OG and CW.
I can attest to it NOT being "common knowledge" OR it being a conventional or commonly used tactic, this "photoperiod manipulation" that you seem so intent on. IN fact, "I" have NEVER heard such rediculous claims.
Raising your ph if youlower your light intensity???.. another very 'questionable' tactic at best.
It doesn't even make good sense "IMO".. raising the ph to "lock out/deprive" the plant of nutrients?? because you aren't supplying sufficient lighting, sure sounds counter productive to me.
MG products are absolutely te bottom of the barrel as far as plant products are concerned. There's good reason that they are readily available, at the cheapest prices, in virtually ANY discount store.
ya well none of this will screw your grow. try the photoperiod manipulation yourself and tell me if it works, 2nd 6.3 ph if not optimal will not screw your grow and 3rd miracle grow fish emulsion does work in vegging and if its everywhere thats cuz lotsa ppl use it.. anyway i just know it works in vegging cuz i tried it myself and havent tried other soil ferts cuz i quit soil growing altogether...

Hick said:

You just dont know what he does newb.:D

Seriously, I dont know where this guy gets his nuggets of wisdom, but hey, he sure is entertaining.

"Miracle Grow ROCKS! Its the best for MJ! You know, if you keep your PH high enough you wont need as many nutes(never mind that thats called lockout, and the plant will not yeild as it should)."

Thank you Hick!

4) don't need a fan in your grow
5)Don't use hydro nutes in soil
6) don't need to keep extra equipment around, in case something breaks.
do we need to go further???

legalize_freedom said:
Thank you Hick!

4) don't need a fan in your grow
5)Don't use hydro nutes in soil
6) don't need to keep extra equipment around, in case something breaks.
do we need to go further???
if you grow in a small chamber you need only exhaust fan and dehumidifier, dont use hydro nutes in soil go read when you feed the soil you also feed the bacteria in it, hydro nutes dont do that so useful bacteria die and soil becomes dead cant be called organic anymore it has many drawbacks you can overwater soil its heavy and brings pests so if you gona use hydro nutes you might as well switch to hydro...
and i never said not to leave extra equipment around i have extra stuff of most of my stuff.. and for the poster above i never said miracle gro rocks i just know it works... come on guys we can all live in peace now :) i have to argue after every idea i give. there are many many really bad info bein given out there my info's ok if you read it objectively

Latest posts

Back