Crap! Ph woes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
one of my 6 bubblegum plants that are 8 weeks into flowering is showing signs of problems. Looks to be a Ph issue. Thanks to this site for helping me to determine that. I tested the effluent water with my pool test kit (I know) and it is definitely below 6.8(lowest range of pool kit).

What is the best way to bring this back up. I flushed the soil with 3 gallons of water from my tap (private well) that tests 7.6. i will assume that all of the other pots will need to be flushed as they've all been treated the same.

What else should I do???

I have some general hydroponics ph up but haven't the slightest clue on how to use it in soil or if it is even recommended. Any advice appreciated.

Peace!

edit: upon further review (of this site) I feel that flushing the answer. if anybody has anything to add feel free...

once I have my soil Ph balaced am i correct in assuming i should balance the water before watering to prevent this?

nouvellechef said:
How many more weeks to go?

Haven't a clue. Hopefully not many (like 1). The girls are loaded, to the point of falling over, with nice looking buds but all of the pistils are still white. haven't looked at the trichs. I'm thinking this ph issue may have slowed them a bit. Tis my first attempt in years.

What kind of problem are you seeing? got any pics?

Growdude said:
What kind of problem are you seeing? got any pics?

Left the camera at the inlaws on Christmas so no pics at this time. But basically it starts as rust colored spots on the leaves then it just kinda spreads in till the leaf is brown and crispy. There is also some twisting and folding. One of the plants has lost most of its fan leaves and I can see the small spots starting to appear on another.

I'll post a cell phone pic or two just give me a minute.

hxxp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/kiksroks/Photo0181.jpg
Here is a picture of how it starts...

hxxp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/kiksroks/Photo0179.jpg
and here is a crispy leaf i pulled off of the worst looking plant. it was right at the base of one of the colas.

Below are some picture of the buds. The sprouts of new growth at the tops were surprising ( last pick is one of the main tops. Normal? feel free to critique, I have a thick skin and lots to learn...:D

hxxp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/kiksroks/Photo0182.jpg

hxxp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/kiksroks/Photo0183.jpg

hxxp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/kiksroks/Photo0184.jpg

Doesn't seem to be many following the drama but I figured I'd give the few some closure.

Moving 5+ ft tall, top heavy plants to the bathtub for flushing is not something I ever want to do again. All said and done I flushed until the effluent Ph was neutral. And then staked and tied the plants individually before putting them back under the "midnight sun". lol. These are getting very close hopefully they will straighten up and finish out. I'll be sure and post the results...

kiksroks said:
Doesn't seem to be many following the drama but I figured I'd give the few some closure.

I would recommend that you post your pictures directly here. I personally will not cut and paste to go check out the pics on another site. Also, I would be a little wary of posting illegal things at a place like photobucket.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would recommend that you post your pictures directly here. I personally will not cut and paste to go check out the pics on another site. Also, I would be a little wary of posting illegal things at a place like photobucket.

No worries, I don't yet have enough posts to attach picture (tried) or I don't yet know how:confused2:...

My grow is completely legal. I'm in California and my wife has a doctors recommendation/Id Card. She is limited to six mature plants and cannot possess more than 8 oz:cop:. Other than that it's game on.

I wouldn't do this illegally. My freedom is important to me.:ccc: I'm more concerned about civilians than law enforcement at this point.

Thanks for posting though!

Peace

you probably need to resize your pics. you can use paint for this or download the microsoft pic resizer this would do things much easier. you will get an option to resize pics when you right click on them ;)

Latest posts

Back