Crap! Sick plants please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokemon

Reaction score
Not sure whats going on but all my plants look like this. I had the light pretty close to them, around 2-3 feet. Im as far away as I can be now at around 4 feet. What does this look like to you guys?
DSCN0260.JPG

DSCN0259.JPG

did you check your ph?
does you hid hood have glass on the bottom of it with proper ventilation?
whats your nute dosage looking like?

I did not check my ph. My hood does have glass and it ventelated well. No nutes at the point. The soil is FFOF.

Thanks.

looks burned...either heat or the strain itself is N-sensitive. I wonder...can a plant be N-sensitive? Check the ph on your run off water if you can. A small tester kit isn't that expensive.

7greeneyes said:
looks burned...either heat or the strain itself is N-sensitive. I wonder...can a plant be N-sensitive? Check the ph on your run off water if you can. A small tester kit isn't that expensive.
The strain is NL

Please say it looks burned from the lamps!

You'll want to use some fl's or cfl's for seedlings (IMO) then when you graduate to the next size up, institute HID, such as whatever you're using currently. p.s. Put a small fan on them... :) if u can...not too much...just a very small fan...iddy bitty...What watts are you burnin?

7greeneyes said:
You'll want to use some fl's or cfl's for seedlings (IMO) then when you graduate to the next size up, institute HID, such as whatever you're using currently. p.s. Put a small fan on them... :) if u can...not too much...just a very small fan...iddy bitty...What watts are you burnin?
400watt. I have two tiny fans on them. I will switch to flouros now.

Just put them under a small flouro shop light, I already feel better. Thanks dude, much appreciated. I'll update this thread depending on how they do. You don't think this much stress so early will cause me to have a bunch of males do you? I got ten plants and as long I get one healthy female for making more seeds I'll be happy.

I've heard heat stress can force male dominance, but I am just not sure buddy. Did you buy normal MxF seeds or feminized? The fem's MAY hermie out easier...I only grow 4 seedlings at a time and take 4 cuttings of each so when I flower them, I can see which ones turn to what sex and discard the rest. I'm sendin' some positive vibes your way, bud. Good luck and keep me updated.

7greeneyes said:
I've heard heat stress can force male dominance, but I am just not sure buddy. Did you buy normal MxF seeds or feminized? The fem's MAY hermie out easier...I only grow 4 seedlings at a time and take 4 cuttings of each so when I flower them, I can see which ones turn to what sex and discard the rest. I'm sendin' some positive vibes your way, bud. Good luck and keep me updated.
For what it's worth I have regular seeds from Nirvana.

Thanks for the well wishes.

New growth looks good. I think it's cool now, thanks again.

Intensive care unit for baby plants.
intensivecare.jpg

New growth. I misnamed the image day 12 but this from about a half hour ago.
newgrothday12_1.jpeg

Further up the thread I think I said about 3feet to start with then I put them up as high as they would go which I think is about 4 feet. It was no doubt the light and I only have a 400 watter.

tokemon said:
Further up the thread I think I said about 3feet to start with then I put them up as high as they would go which I think is about 4 feet. It was no doubt the light and I only have a 400 watter.

thats interesting, i have mine about 4ft now, i moved it up a litte, looks like 4ft would have been fine, but at 2-3 you prob already did the damage. mine look fine, but then again i also put water bottles over them to lock in the humidity and reduce the effects of the light.

sorry for the crappy pics, sold my DSLR, so now all have is this crappy p/s.

th_1221989110_IMG_1227.jpg

do you have drainholes on the containers?

looks like a PH problem if they arent getting rootrot....i doubt its the light.

There are drain holes. Man don't say that.

7greeneyes said:
:confused: The sex of the plant is not already determined by that point?...

7greeneyes said:
this is good advice...floros really promote lush growth early on and will vegg a plant very well until flower....then blast the HIDs...check my journal to see my floro veg light(480w)....you can start hundereds of seedlings under it perfectly and grow 16 in SOG setup

ston3pony said:
:confused: The sex of the plant is not already determined by that point?...
no.... that take a couple o' weeks minimum...usually around 12" tall

Latest posts

Back