Crap! Sick plants please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PUFF MONKEY said:
this is good advice...floros really promote lush growth early on and will vegg a plant very well until flower....then blast the HIDs...check my journal to see my floro veg light(480w)....you can start hundereds of seedlings under it perfectly and grow 16 in SOG setup

according to the research ive done since taking on my project, this statement seems to be the general consensus and best advice, as it has been proven time and time again, but i however, have my seedlings under my 1000w mh right now with the plastic bottles over them to keep the temp up a little and raise the humidity, it also acts as a buffer for the intense amount of light im putting them under. In effect, its blocking the major rays of light that would otherwise damage the seedlings. Right now my seedlings are looking very, and i mean very good. I will keep you guys updated with my "germinate under mh grow" as it progresses. I guess once youve determined the variables that effect them negatively, you can better prepare yourself to correct a potentially harmful situation. just my .02

what kind of water are you giving them? how are you testing ph? how often are you watering? can you show a pic of the bottom of the containers?

i just wanted to make sure your getting enough drianage since i didnt see any residue in the tub you had the seedlings sitting in. thats a good start...

then make sure your using distilled or r/o water at least aiming for a ph of 6.5 in the rootzone....

if your not overwatering i would say it is a nutrient uptake problem, a light issue would curl the leaves inward starting on the edges....they would still be healthy looking. it would not brown the leaves starting near the stem and growing outward tward the leaf tips and edges.

trillions of atoms said:
what kind of water are you giving them? how are you testing ph? how often are you watering? can you show a pic of the bottom of the containers?

i just wanted to make sure your getting enough drianage since i didnt see any residue in the tub you had the seedlings sitting in. thats a good start...

then make sure your using distilled or r/o water at least aiming for a ph of 6.5 in the rootzone....

if your not overwatering i would say it is a nutrient uptake problem, a light issue would curl the leaves inward starting on the edges....they would still be healthy looking. it would not brown the leaves starting near the stem and growing outward tward the leaf tips and edges.

My pH meter is broke! The cups have drainage holes the reason you don't see any run off is because I haven't watered them since I put them there. I need to start taking more care with my water.

drainageholes.jpeg

tokemon said:
My pH meter is broke! The cups have drainage holes the reason you don't see any run off is because I haven't watered them since I put them there. I need to start taking more care with my water.

drainageholes.jpeg

I hope that's not the drainage you've been using, a slit in the bottom of the cup. I saw that you drilled holes, but they should be a little bit bigger in diameter and put some holes on the sides just above the bottom, if you only have holes on the bottoms, they still wont drain properly. I'm starting to think your problem wasn't light burn, but the fact that your roots were saturated, im going to move my light a little bit closer to my plants, as over watering and runoff aren't a problem i have, thanks for the pics and insight my friend, you've been a great help, thanks!

I'm starting to think I should reorder my seeds and start anew, which really blows but my faith in this grow is dwidling.

tokemon said:
I'm starting to think I should reorder my seeds and start anew, which really blows but my faith in this grow is dwidling.

Hey man, dont give up on them, they arent dead and there is still time to get them growing right, heres the deal, when you first start with the seedlings, you want to water your medium thoroughly, until you see water coming from the bottom of the container they are in, you didnt have adequate drainage so your medium was otherwise saturated and your roots were not getting any oxygen. You dont want to water them again until you see the soil drying up about 2 inches deep. You see, im using 2 gallon pots to germinate my seedlings in, so once i saturated my pots until i saw an adequate amount of runoff, i let them be. Now larger containers will retain there water and not dry out as quickly as your small cups, so i wont be giving them there first real watering until about 5-6 days of growth, as the soil is still moist. They will be ok, just put some holes in your cups on the sides just above the bottom, make the holes about a little smaller than a 1/4 of an inch. Pay attention to my signature, be positive, and the universe will bring about a positive outcome, dismay can be your downfall, but youve done good so far, its called learning, and youve just learned what not to do in the future, charge it to the game and continue strong, you will get it bro.

Latest posts

Back