creepy crawlys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
i've been researching pest problems and i believe the best way to stop pests getting to the plants is barriers . i'm designing a scrog set up right now with the frame attached to the 5 gal buckets because anything on the floor or walls can be climbed by a pest, so i'll keep the scrog frame off the floor. one of the things i was thinking about is wrapping the bucket in foil then taking fly strip and wrapping a strip around the bucket so anything coming from the floor would be stopped nothing should get past that sticky stuff ,then when the grow is over just take the foil off and reuse the bucket.any thoughts on this would be great

I think a lot on the same line of defense. Barriers. I like the idea. The only insects that I have encountered so far growing indoors is the fungus gnats, and they fly. I haven't seen them in a while either. I spray the outside perimeter of the house, the inside perimeter of the house, and have yellow sticky traps inside my grow tent.

erwinsweeney said:
I think a lot on the same line of defense. Barriers. I like the idea. The only insects that I have encountered so far growing indoors is the fungus gnats, and they fly. I haven't seen them in a while either. I spray the outside perimeter of the house, the inside perimeter of the house, and have yellow sticky traps inside my grow tent.
man i can't check the mail without a earwig hanging on to a letter, ants everywhere. i'm not going to poison since i will be ingesting my grow. i do want to stop those critters before they get to the goods.i'm trying to figure out how to stop those pests that don't need walls now. maybe fly strips hanging down some.

budculese said:
man i can't check the mail without a earwig hanging on to a letter, ants everywhere. i'm not going to poison since i will be ingesting my grow. i do want to stop those critters before they get to the goods.i'm trying to figure out how to stop those pests that don't need walls now. maybe fly strips hanging down some.

Sounds like my house. Nearer spring, buy some ladybugs online. Introduce some to the room, the rest outdoors. The outdoor ones will be a first line of defense, indoors they'll eat anything that gets on your girls pretty promptly, and since winter never comes in a flower room, they'll hang around.

I would never put fly strips in my grow. You can use the tacky stuff, it is not toxic. What specific pests are you worried about?

Mel, you and I are dorks, that is an old old post. We care, right? Yes.

Spring is just around the corner, maybe it will remind him to buy the ladybugs for this year!

Latest posts

Back