Cupbaord grow, 1st attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With only a 2x2x5 grow space, you've got a tight grow. I could help you set up a continuous grow in that amount of space for flowering, but you'd have to have Mother plants, a cloning area for rooting, and a vegetative area for preflowering growth.

What you have is good for 4 small plants. You can grow them through the seedling stage with the 70 watt sodium and graduate to adding the 150 watt halide. When the plants are ready for flowering, you could use the 400 watt sodium. Perfect.

I prefer to use the jiffy pellets or peat pellets. An old habit I suppose. Rockwool wasn't invented when I got used to the pellets. Either works well.

Hello there,

Got some little sprouts now, so far ive had all 5 seeds germinate, 4 of which have now broken the surface. all done with the same method i used before which makes me question the other seeds i bought :confused:. Ive also now put them under the 70w sodium to get them started but im having troubles with the temperature (as i said in another post) it changes from 66-68f to 74-76f. Is this going to affect the plants in anyway?

Hello all,

I haven't posted anything on this grow for a while because as you can see, progress has been slow! Ive been experiencing all sorts of trouble, the larger plant seems to be going down hill. The Leaves are curling upward (you can see on the leaves furthest from the camera), I did have it a bit too close to the light but ive moved it away but they're still curled. The leaves are yellowing, i thought this may have been an Mg problem so ive given a little Magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) but that hasnt helped. Also, The leaves look like ive over watered it, but soil seems bone dry on the top 2". HELP PLEASE! :( growth just seems to have slowed so much. I've been looking through a couple books etc but its just not as much help as id hoped.

The 5 youngsters are Big bud, They seem to be doing ok, ones a little wonky as i had to re-pot it. Many thanks and any help is much appreciated!:)

plants 014.jpg

plants 013_edited.jpg

Oh i forgot to say. They're now under 150w sodium, humidity is about 60% temperature 85f. Thanks again!

Have u tried the better potting soil yet?What's your lighting schedule?

Hi, My lighting is on 24hours and i have 2x cpu fans running 24/7 aswell. No i havent tried better soil yet, is there a brand that you could recommend?? Thanks

Hey offspring,

A couple years ago when I did my very first grow I had the same problems you were having and I was using some no name soil. After looking around on the internet for answers I figured it had to be the soil and immediately switched to pro-mix potting soil. A few people will not agree, but I think it works great and within a week all was green again. I still use pro-mix to date. Don't slack on the soil, my plants were **** when I did. You can tell they don't like it,they just don't look happy. Get some more advice from the senior members, just thought I would share my experience with ya.

Good luck

-frank

Hey, Thanks for the advice, Ive just ordered some top notch soil which i hope will do the trick. I had to order it because knowone seems to sell it locally! So lets hope its good. Many Thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Back