Cures for Cotton Mouth & Hiccups...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
Was wondering what people use for cures of these ailments...

I myself like a lil tobasco sauce to cure my cotton mouth...

& two tricks for the hiccups i've found, other than the usual, are a spoon full of sugar or a good slice of cheese..

Gum. I havent had cotton mouth in forever..lol. maybe my tolerance has something to do with that. My eyes dont get super red anymore either..

Hold your fingers in your ears and drink water at the same time... Cures hiccups instantly..

Super Skunk said:
Hold your fingers in your ears and drink water at the same time... Cures hiccups instantly..

:rofl:

Is that like asking a person to take his/her right hand and grab their right wrist while trying to bite their ear?

Super Skunk said:

This actually works but i hve people do it differently and no this is not the set up for a punchline....:)
You need a plastic cup with al least 6 oz's of water..you bite the plastic cup and pinch your nose and plug your ears with your fingers and then drink the glass of water...all of it...I hve cured people who had the hiccups for over an hour to people that had them for a minute with this method...it has never not work when done right...learned it in a bar in the Phillipines in the late 80's....

Watching that would make me laugh so hard I'd get rid of m hick ups too.

so i imagine one would need a clothes pin to pinch their nose?

Try some chewable Vitamin C tablets. The Vitamin C causes the PAHs (nasties that may cause cancer) in the smoke to be neutralized and the sourness gets your mouth watering.

For the hiccups, I got the perfect cure and scientific proof to back it up! :giggle:

Marijuana cures hiccups
http://www.yourhealthbase.com/database/a77k.htm

Marijuana For Intractable Hiccups
http://cannabislink.ca/medical/hiccups.html

:holysheep: And last time I had the hiccups, I tried it and it worked- took 2 vaporizer hits, held them, and the hiccups were gone!

Granny :peace:

Hiccups? Bitters on a piece of lime. I have never had it fail.

Swear to god this works on the hiccups: a teaspoon full of peanut butter...that's it!..

I just did it on my little girl (she's two) and it worked like a charm...you should've seen her face!

Ok, this is a secret passed down from distant generations of my ancestors.

The absolute sure way to get rid of the hiccups, is to gently touch the tip of your nose to the tip of your elbow for 10 seconds.

Once you do it, you'll never have hiccups again!

hardee har har Stoney :)...(my arm is sore!!)

cmd420 said:
Swear to god this works on the hiccups: a teaspoon full of peanut butter...that's it!..

I just did it on my little girl (she's two) and it worked like a charm...you should've seen her face!

sounds too cute!! I want a babita!

ishnish said:
so i imagine one would need a clothes pin to pinch their nose?

No you use your index fingers to pinch your nose closed and your thumbs go in your ears...bite on the cup and lift it as you tilt your head back and drink...

I learned that trick at a bar overseas as well. It does work, and there is no trick to it. I am constantly stickin' my fingers in the kids ears. I normally bite the cup with fingers in the ears, and just drink. The trick is to just drink, and do not breath at the same time. I do have to admit it is really comical to watch but it does work.
As far as cotton mouth goes I have never found a cure for that. I just thought it went along with good herb!

LOL..So glad to have read this! I'll give this a go next time, and yeah if you use your lil fingers it's not too hard to pull off but it looks like your trying to pull a scary/weird face!

I find the ol saying of drinking water backwards also works but most people ask me 'but how do you drink backwards?' To be honest its pretty much as odd as the method mentioned above (which takes some doing!)

You simply take a bit of a breath in, take a good mouthfall of water (hold it in mouth) then letting your back take the strain lean backwards while tilting your head back as far as possible then force yourself to push the water down your throat. It'll take 2 or 3 gulps as the pressure of the stretch makes it a bit of a struggle..It's odd, I have no idea where i learnt it from but 9 times out of 10 it stops it and at worst eases it a fair bit and then I find doing it again normally sorts it.

the two year old just had the hiccups again...

this time when dad offered to make em go away, she said, "p butter?"..

after a huge mouthful, followed by some milk, she said with satisfaction: "hiccup all gone" :)

Latest posts

Back