Curious looking cola

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

OK, it's not a huge cola or anything, but I've not seen anything like that before. It's very dense and thick even if there's not a lot of trichs showing there.

This is my White Widow, prolly ready for chopping in a week or so.

Anyone ever see anything like this before?

Cheers,

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

can you take a few under natural light?

Yeah. No HPS in pics. My first thought was you got mites. But hard to tell from pic. As far as bud looking weird? Idk. Looks like a bud.

I see mite damage as well...I think moto-man is showing the top that didnt pop up cone like...but flat...Ive had this on a plant while back...just one of the 4 did it..

Deff SM. I hate those little basterds.

WeedHopper said:
Deff SM. I hate those little basterds.

I didnt wanna believe you guys but when I pulled a sugar leaf tonight to examine trichs under my "Eye Clops" at 100x, one little bugger was walking along like nobody's business!

I think I am infested! I thought it was a pH problem that made my leaves all mottled and whatnot, this is the first spider mite I noticed though and I am ready to chop one or two plants in a week or so.

I sprayed liberally with a Dawn detergent solution, and I cut the branch in question off the WW. Funny, the stem seemed to be zipped together or atb least it did "zip" apart quite easily.

I'm not sure what to do, but I am not 86ing this grow! :)

Cheers,

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

I for one have not seem many buds yet , But that sure does look different from what i have seen it looks more like a rose bud than an mj bud

Well, you guys were of no help whatsoever! ;)

Indeed, it is my problem alone, I'm thinking of spraying w/ the hose outside.. maybe let them cool in the 40 degree temps here now.

None of my other three plants exhibit similar traits, they seem hale and hearty, but I know nothing of this pest either... f'n spider mites anyway!

I'll keep you posted, but I need to chop my Power Kush first, maybe even before Saturday; it is a wicked stoney high already :)

Cheers,

No, I would not spray them this late in flowering. Unless your RH is Sahara Desert low, you can cause some real mold mildew problems. There is really little you can do at this point but let them finish. The mottled leaves are the first sign of spider mites. You have probably had them for quite a while as the leaves have really been affected.

I am so sorry to be ther bearer of bad news, but if you have one spidermite you have 1000. Your other plants have them too, i am betting. I hate the borg, we have all been thru it and feel you pain. Good luck to you Moto.

Yeah,,ifen there on one limb,,the little basterds are on the others. once they get going,,resin production almost stops completly. Me hatesem.

WeedHopper said:
Yeah,,ifen there on one limb,,the little basterds are on the others. once they get going,,resin production almost stops completly. Me hatesem.

OK thanks everyone. I'll do as THG suggested and just let them finish. Resin production seems excellent from the three of the four I have taken a few branches from.

The Power Kush will get chopped in a few days, then the WW and finally the two Wappa.

Once empty I will give the flowering space a thorough cleaning!

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back