curling / folding of leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
one of my females leaves are all up and down the main stem of the plant are curling and folding , a sectiopn of the roots out grew the pot so it sits on the botting little tray part of the of and sits in the excess water with nutes, is this why they are curling , and if so what should i do

Fluctuation in the ph. Get those roots out of the noots! Flush the soil for your next watering and everything will be fine. Had a similar problem with my plants. Nothing major, just make sure you check your ph and don´t let the roots sit in the excess water after watering, there is a difference in the ph with the water that you water with and the water that comes out.

MrOysterhead said:
can i cut the roots

the only thing that you should cut from your plant should have trichomes and red hairs. I wouldn´t cut them. What I would do is try to lift the plant out of the pot without damaging the roots. Then put a little dirt in the bottom and gently place the plant back into the soil. But you´re probably going to damage your roots when doing this......it´s the only thing I can think of. Anyone else?

i dont want to do that really i lost roots that way last transplant

I'm not sure how to fix your problem but from the sounds of it your overnuted so yeah I would somehow get those roots up! Peace,55

Do you have a layer of gravel in the bottom of your pot? It does wonders for draining, but it also helps stop the roots from growing down too far.

Mr0...you might be able to carefully cut the bottom off of the existing pot and bury it in another larger deeper pot. Try getting scissors or shears in the drainage holes and do as little damage as possible.
The entire pot doesn't need to be buried then, just up well past the cut off bottom so roots are in fresh medium.

actually i checked it just a little bit ago , the root that was hang out of the dranage hole was dead and just feel off by a gentle toutch of the finger

thnks for the advise , ill post some pics in this thread just so you can see how the plant looks

hey are my 3 females , the one in the middle is the plant with its leaves curling and folding down the stem of the plant:bong1:

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

Latest posts

Back