Dark green and wilting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently have 4/12 plants left 6 weeks old and out of the blue the other 8 grew dark green then wilted and died.the last 4 are on their way as well any help would be appreciated

sounds like maybe over fert. i would flush with 3x pot size, 3 gal. water to every gal. pot size

with not much left to lose i'll try that. I've read quite a few info pages and just have'nt seen the same symptoms

roots...air...what are you growing in...how much watering ya doin...co2? more info or pics sure would help as there is a few things that come to mind...unlikely, but an overdose of co2 can cause the dark green... also i believe root problems will cause your symptoms also.

no co2 my operation is in the states and a little crude.It worked very well up to this point. i had 12 healthy plants then in a matter of 1 1/2 days with no changes to water or light they died. BTW i'm growing in regular planters at the 2 gal. size

with that info i can only geuss you got rootrot or other root probs. what kind of soil...please dont say MG.

My concern was not enough air to the roots as my grow medium is a liitle thick but i would like to narrow the problem down because this is my first grow and until i can get an understading of what's happening i do'nt want to buy seeds

Not really sure what mg is as my green thumb know-how comes from planting tomatoes outside. So it's a common potting soil with manure additive. I also bought some food with the numbers 25-10-10 but my plants started to croak before i used any food

MG= miracle grow..not good for new growers to say the least! if you have a concern about the roots that may be it as you know your situation better and im a believer in gut feelings. you might want to transplant into some fox farms or similar soil is nothing else is working. i dont think its nutes or ph cause those probs cause yellowing/browning/spotting

STEP 5: Does your plant look wilted? Are the leaves drooping or curling down? This could be root rot or a watering problem, which sometimes can cause nutrient-like deficiencies to appear on the plant.

here are some pics

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

Hello Chief :)

Were all here to help you ;)

How Tall are the plants?
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
How often are you watering?
Is the grow medium constantly wet or moist?
Are plant's infected with insects?

Too much N makes the plants go dark green, im thinking about your potting soil could be too rich in N

lyfr said:
STEP 5: Does your plant look wilted? Are the leaves drooping or curling down? This could be root rot or a watering problem, which sometimes can cause nutrient-like deficiencies to appear on the plant.
Yes i read this and was unsure how to take it:
on 1 hand nutrient defi. cause discoloring which i did'nt have.So i was just looking for a more personel response.
I must say this forums has been very helpful to me. I started all of this because i watched the video tutorial an said to myself " i can do that "

More of you guys are confirming my suspicions of root rot. i beleive my medium is to dense. too much manure led to too much water retention.

MG-did'nt know the abbreviation and no i hate MG bad results a few years ago

yes you can man!! these are wonderful plants MJ in general that is.. this is a wonderful place to learn how to care for your plants . we are all always learning.

Latest posts

Back