Dark green and wilting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chief puffs alot said:
More of you guys are confirming my suspicions of root rot. i beleive my medium is to dense. too much manure led to too much water retention.

MG-did'nt know the abbreviation and no i hate MG bad results a few years ago

I dont know how long its been since the others died but I would dump out the soil and look at you roots, look for brown, slimy or smelly roots. Also look for under developed roots.

Chief puffs alot said:
More of you guys are confirming my suspicions of root rot. i beleive my medium is to dense. too much manure led to too much water retention.

MG-did'nt know the abbreviation and no i hate MG bad results a few years ago
that manure can cause the od of nitrogen mentioned above...maybe its a combo prob.

Growdude said:
I dont know how long its been since the others died but I would dump out the soil and look at you roots, look for brown, slimy or smelly roots. Also look for under developed roots.
my roots did smell funky but i don't know what they are supposed to smell like. on the plants i de-pot today i will look at the roots for the above symptoms

Chief puffs alot said:
i don't know what they are supposed to smell like
:rofl: i dont know either chief...maybe no smell? i know when my resevoir smells like my socks its time to change it!:D

After my root exam today i found that they arev not abnormally brown but they do smell like amonia

I have an NLxShiva that looked just like yours. I flushed it and let it dry out a bit and it came right around. The first thing I check when my plants aren't right is the pH, next I look for fungus flies.

I have to agree with Hippy and too much N, dark green and the CLAW are signs. And you have some claws going on

they do smell like amonia
Too much nitrogen is whats causing the ammonia smell. What brand fertilizer are you using? Your healthy plants look very healthy. Terrible they're just dying on you. I'd let them dry out a few days then flush them with plain ph adjusted water. You should only water when you can't feel moisture with your finger two inches into the medium. I hope you get everything under control:).

You should only water when you can't feel moisture with your finger two inches into the medium.

this is a great tip haven/t seen this one yet and it easy.UPDate: ONLY 1 PLANT LEFT. THIS ONE WAS TRANSPLANTED INTO A BIGGER PLANETR ( A REAL 1 )i'm letting it dry out now we'll see. I went out to wal-mart and got a bunch of real planters for my next 12. I would like to see at least 1 bud before i spend $$ on seeds
I'm using a wal-mart brand, Expert is the name.

Good to know. I'm try trying to weed out any problems before i buy big dollar seeds
Kind of a weird question but daily i smoke some cheeba w/ my plants as i inspect them or water. I blow some smoke their way frequently is this ok

Latest posts

Back