dazed and confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pot_smoker

Hydro Grower
Reaction score
I have a closet in my basement that I had built for my new hobby, growing. I have Emily's Garden, a cheap passive wick hydro system. I am using a 200w HPS that is putting out about 20k lumen. I am using seeds that came from regular weed you buy all comressed, seedy, and stemy. Anyways my first grow had a nice bushy plant about 2ft tall, I kinda let the water dry out and it died :hitchair:

My second grow I had 3 plants, 1 male that I tossed and 2 females. I ran out of nuitrients after the first 2 weeks and went with plain water. The plants didn't get very big. I think I got about 1oz dried buds total between the 2 plants. The smaller plant was cut first when about 75% of the hairs were turning orange. I had about 10 little buds and they were great!

The second plant was alittle bigger and the little buds toward the bottom of the plant were good to smoke but a bit harsh. The cola on the bigger plant ater drying for 10 days was 1/2oz. Here it is cut up:

Anyways, I haven't tried any of the cola yet. I just cut it 10 days ago. It smells like very very strong skunk. Is that normal? I want to smoke it but have never smelled anything like that before and I don't know when would be the best time to try it, since I only have alittle I would like to enjoy it the most I can. Please advise....Any help would be great :D

I have learned alot and my next grow will be grown in this Bubbleponics system:
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=16&xSec=34
I have plenty of nuitrients and a digital PH tester, I will be starting it up as soon as some seeds germinate.

EDIT
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as eight pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them.

colanp0.jpg

Sorry about the picture linking and thanks for fixing it :D

Would it work to cure it in a zip-lock bag?

pot_smoker said:
Sorry about the picture linking and thanks for fixing it :DWould it work to cure it in a zip-lock bag?

NO never a "baggie". Use a jar or a paper sack, and keep it in a dark spot. Open the bag daily for a little bit to let in fresh air, then seal it back up. Trichomes stick to those plastic bags, so not a good thing to ever store your bud in. Glass is best. If you have a glass jar you can put those buds into (loosly, don't pack 'em in) and then seal it up with the lid it is beter than the bag method. Open it each day to let out moisture and let in fresh air, then reseal it.

As each day passes the moisture is more drawn out from inside the bud, which raises the THC/weight ratio, and cures the buds. Cure it as long as you wish.

ISO

gcarlin_818 said:
use jars its the best way to go just open them every other day and shake em around......2 weeks is ideal time for jars...

Most of my plants are smaller in size, and I like to keep a "chunk" of each strain I've grown, just to savor and appreciate at a later date. As a med user, I am pretty critcal about analyzing the high, as each strain has differing effects...some I like, others I find I don't and are not too helpful for me, so I don't grow them further.

Tonight I enjoyed a bowl of Blueberry that I've been curing from a harvest from 5-6 months months back. Sweet and smooothhh :cool:

ISO

I smoke as a med too. I am a disabled veteran since 1995. I was on morphene under the tongue disolvable pills for a few days and they made me sick. A friend gave me a bag of weed to try for the pain and have smoked everyday since. Bad part about being disabled is I don't meet many people and have a hard time getting a bag. For the past couple years I have been paying $140 - $160 for 1oz and it is horrible :( Blueberry sounds nice but I am scared to order seeds online. I think if I get busted I could lose my veterans benefits even though I have told my Dr from the VA clinic. Hopefully I will figure out a system to keep me stocked. It isn't easy for me to go down to my basement to check my plants so I try to keep it to every couple days. Next time I go down I will take a few pics to post and maybe someone will have advise.

Ty all for the replies :)

Latest posts

Back