deep water culture dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
anyone dabble with dwc? i recently had trouble with my ebb & flow. just couldnt figure what i was doin wrong. check link below. but i changed over to dwc a week ago and my roots have taken off! from no root outside of basket to some streching almost a foot! when i get a new camera (soon), ill post my grow log. i just never read about it here, but read an article in ht last month about it. im stoked.

massproducer said:
I grow almost exclusively in DWC, but still usually keep some mums in a soil-less mix, so yeah I feel ya there, once everything is dialed in DWC rocks.

Here is a pic of my roots last grow

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3104&d=1144107212

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3105&d=1144107212

I am purely DWC as well. I used to be dirt. Then went to water farm now have a DWC incorperated to work like a water farm. All buckets are connected. NOw through trial and error I found that I have to put a pump in the furthest bucket from my controller to pump back to the res. The reason for this is the nutes REALLY build up in the last bucket. Since the pump is installed I have no problem and since everything is connected with hoses like a water farm it is VERY simple to deal with. If you need pictures let me know.

Stunzeed..

Also I use the clay pellets and soiless medium until I transplant. Mass pro knows their stuff too so you can def go by what they say. If they dont know at least they wont give you bad advice..... They will tell you. be careful who you trust as most have the best of intentions....... Just not the best of experience. Good luck!

Stunzeed..

lol the reason its hard to find articles on dwc is because its a 'locals only' method ;)

commercial dwc setups are damn near impossible to find any reading material on, because they are so easy and successful that commercial growers :aok: dont like to talk about em ;)

i too am dwc all the way, with a mix of drip on the 8 bucket setup

next year i plan on letting some secrets out on commercial setups, as i plan on doing an outdoor, dwc grow in a hottub with 53 5" sites keep an eye out for that.

dwc is the sht bro ;) but shhhh... dont tell no one. good luck, cheers!

;) Locals only? Local where? I am from Oregon, I first heard about it from a guy in Canada.

Stunzeed..:farm:

DWC here as well. although i'm assembling a new grow room for DWC as well as ebb & flow.

I've yet to find an easier, hassle free, system that consistently pulls as much bud as the DWC. and the fact you can walk away from it for weeks at a time helps too :cool:

allgrownup said:
DWC here as well. although i'm assembling a new grow room for DWC as well as ebb & flow.

I've yet to find an easier, hassle free, system that consistently pulls as much bud as the DWC. and the fact you can walk away from it for weeks at a time helps too :cool:

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :48: :smoke1:

Exactly why I use it!!!!!!!!!

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
;) Locals only? Local where? I am from Oregon, I first heard about it from a guy in Canada.

Stunzeed..:farm:

lol i know right, i heard about it from a guy in Iceland when i first started xD

stunzeed said:
Also I use the clay pellets and soiless medium until I transplant. Mass pro knows their stuff too so you can def go by what they say. If they dont know at least they wont give you bad advice..... They will tell you. be careful who you trust as most have the best of intentions....... Just not the best of experience. Good luck!

Stunzeed..
Definitly ask someone who you trust........I got alot of BAD advice from person i didnt trust and should have knowen they would tell me wrong.....so look in the right places for advice.....here lol

0b1kinsmokey said:
lol i know right, i heard about it from a guy in Iceland when i first started xD

I am from Orgon also....North coastal area.......I love it here....

0b1kinsmokey said:
lol the reason its hard to find articles on dwc is because its a 'locals only' method ;)

commercial dwc setups are damn near impossible to find any reading material on, because they are so easy and successful that commercial growers :aok: dont like to talk about em ;)

i too am dwc all the way, with a mix of drip on the 8 bucket setup

next year i plan on letting some secrets out on commercial setups, as i plan on doing an outdoor, dwc grow in a hottub with 53 5" sites keep an eye out for that.

dwc is the sht bro ;) but shhhh... dont tell no one. good luck, cheers!

I am just starting DWC and find it VERY easy but confusing....I got alot of bad advice ....not on this site.and it mess up ahole crop(6 bucketts) from a family member telling me wrong.....so do you think I could trouble you for some of your secerts????????? PLEASe.......I need all the help I can get......they gave me such bad advice...I had only half the setup...I dint know I needed a resavior with the dwc.....so 6 plants went to waste......so if you can find it in your heart to share i would be for ever in your debt.....thank you

So far I LOVE DWC!!! I have not touched my ladies in 2 weeks and could probably go another week or 2. but I am gonna add water and nutes tomorrow. Roots been chasing the evaporation nicely. So about time to submerge them again...

Check out my current grow for ideas on a setup and other info.

tcooper1 said:
I am just starting DWC and find it VERY easy but confusing....I got alot of bad advice ....not on this site.and it mess up ahole crop(6 bucketts) from a family member telling me wrong.....so do you think I could trouble you for some of your secerts????????? PLEASe.......I need all the help I can get......they gave me such bad advice...I had only half the setup...I dint know I needed a resavior with the dwc.....so 6 plants went to waste......so if you can find it in your heart to share i would be for ever in your debt.....thank you

What are your goals? Light? Room size? SoG or big plants? etc. There are a couple different options and these guys could definitely help you, I also grow DWC but I switched to aero but I still know it pretty well. Tell people to stop confusing you LOL it's just not right

tcooper1 said:

I am totally surprised that you have not been able to find info on DWC. When I first started considering hydro, I found tons of info on all forms of hydro, including DWC. There has got to be more out there now.

I don't quite understand what happened with your first crop, but DWC does not necessarily need a separate central reservoir. The container that the pot is in can generally be its own separate reservoir. I use individual 5 gal buckets. I have plants in different stages of growth in the flowering room. I need to be able to raise or lower the buckets to maintain an even canopy and I need to be able to give each individual plant the nutes it needs for the stage of growth it is in.

DWC need not be complicated. All you really need is an appropriate container, growing medium, an air pump, air hose, and an air stone or two. Check out some DIY systems to get an idea of the principle behind the system.

There are no real secrets to DWC. Maybe you should describe a little bit further what your system was and what you feel went wrong with your first grow and we can address that. We also need to know things like the nutes you used, what your ppm and ph was, what your growing medium was, what your lighting was, temps, humidity...and anything else pertinent that you can think of.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am totally surprised that you have not been able to find info on DWC. When I first started considering hydro, I found tons of info on all forms of hydro, including DWC. There has got to be more out there now.

I don't quite understand what happened with your first crop, but DWC does not necessarily need a separate central reservoir. The container that the pot is in can generally be its own separate reservoir. I use individual 5 gal buckets. I have plants in different stages of growth in the flowering room. I need to be able to raise or lower the buckets to maintain an even canopy and I need to be able to give each individual plant the nutes it needs for the stage of growth it is in.

DWC need not be complicated. All you really need is an appropriate container, growing medium, an air pump, air hose, and an air stone or two. Check out some DIY systems to get an idea of the principle behind the system.

There are no real secrets to DWC. Maybe you should describe a little bit further what your system was and what you feel went wrong with your first grow and we can address that. We also need to know things like the nutes you used, what your ppm and ph was, what your growing medium was, what your lighting was, temps, humidity...and anything else pertinent that you can think of.

This is most of the info you need to know. Good luck

http://members.tripod.com/budsus_1/id34.htm

Stunzeed..

I have 600 MH for veg and 1000 hps for bloom and 2 5ft.T5's in each room. Temps at 80 F. My nutes are Vita grow.I got them though the hydro place.My ph is 6.0-6.5.My humitity is around 40% or less somtimes.My room size is..... Veg room..6x6 and my Bloom is the same. One of the people that was helping me said that I needed a res.1 5 gal. bucket res.per 3 DWC buckets.I have 1 plant per 5 gal set up with basket airpump.. that rock marble stuff.. ect ect.He also said they would not grow without one.I am not sure I understand right.How do you use the same bucket for a res.?Do you need a water pump?Or do you just use the stone?There is so much info out there about growing and so many opinions that it gets confusing.One person will tell yes do it and the next will tell you no dont it will kill your plants.My goal is to have 9 DWC so I can do 3 in at a time.Thank you all so much for your help.I learn so much from all of you.

Latest posts

Back